Canopy Tint Problem

izzyfcuk

So, to keep things short here goes

ITEM - VF-1J Super 2.0

So i bought it when it first came out, fiddled with it and then off it goes to cupboard for storage.

2010, i took it out, looked via opening the front flap what greeted me was a horror, the canopy looked liked it cracked. panicked. removed it and found that it didn't but it visually the canopy looked like "spiderweb"

Puzzled and opened it, touched the outside of the canopy, nothing! Opened the canopy and put my fingers under it.

Appears the "spiderwebs" was the "RAINBOW TINT THAT HAD TURNED INTO THREADS"

Easily wiped out and it becomes Ver 1.0 canopy.

Also, the 1J turned YELLOWISH.

So once again, Yamato has succeeded in never fail to DISAPPOINT me and i swear off never buying anything from them, ever.

I plead with you to stop producing macross toys, i still loved my macross, so please don't kill it.

I know it's pretty much a lot to speak for with no pictures to prove it. but it did happen to me and i can't see myself being an carrothead time and time again

Anyone else?

ITEM - VF-1J Super 2.0

So i bought it when it first came out, fiddled with it and then off it goes to cupboard for storage.

2010, i took it out, looked via opening the front flap what greeted me was a horror, the canopy looked liked it cracked. panicked. removed it and found that it didn't but it visually the canopy looked like "spiderweb"

Puzzled and opened it, touched the outside of the canopy, nothing! Opened the canopy and put my fingers under it.

Also, the 1J turned YELLOWISH.

So once again, Yamato has succeeded in never fail to DISAPPOINT me and i swear off never buying anything from them, ever.

I plead with you to stop producing macross toys, i still loved my macross, so please don't kill it.

I know it's pretty much a lot to speak for with no pictures to prove it. but it did happen to me and i can't see myself being an carrothead time and time again

Anyone else?

Your 1J is not the only one with the problems you mentioned. In fact, Yamato will not be using the rainbow tint anymore for future releases... due to the failure rate.

As for the yellowing.... sigh.... it is most obvious with the 1J.... because it is pure white. if it was grey.... like the DYRL ones. probably not so bad.

Anyway, your 1J is now in my hands, (so I am now the carrot head... :lol: :lol: ). I knew full well the problems before plonking the money. For me, I rather have an imperfect valk (at a way lower cost), so that i would not have any hesitation in handling because I know it is flawed in the 1st place, as opposed to handling a pristine valk.

BTW, why are you putting your VT-1 for sale???

Havent logged on for some time. totally gave up!

And i didn't know about this was surfaced before.

So you're the one who bought it.

Apologies, i can't remember who you are..

Why put up VT-1?

Well, if i gave up, then just it all go. time and time again

Havent logged on for some time. totally gave up!

And i didn't know about this was surfaced before.

So you're the one who bought it.

Apologies, i can't remember who you are..

Why put up VT-1?

Well, if i gave up, then just it all go. time and time again

Bought your panel-lined VF-0S previously (KJ). Yeah, long time no see you here.

Kinda a pity to put up the VT-1 for sale, since it is probably one of the 2 unique valks in the 1/60 line, the other being the VE-1.

The canopy problem is the second most talked about problem, other than the shoulder issue (though I imagine you have not encountered it since I did not hear you talk about it here or sgcollect).

Next time you have Yamato valks (1/60 esp)for sale at a good price (sorry the rest @ the shop are just.....ok), let me know!

I like imperfect valks at a very marked down price! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ITEM - VF-1J Super 2.0

Anyone else?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...mp;#entry813182