need a well seaoned model kits expert's help!!

soundbear

I am looking for a macross model kit, or any fighter jet kit that comes in at about 318 mm long with a wing span of about 216 mm. Does anyone out there know of a good kit that comes close to this size? Maybe the sv-51r kit?? Any suggestions, i am all ears, thanks for looking!

:)

if this is in the wrong section i am sorry, please remove or move the listing, thank you :)

Edited by soundbear

I have no idea, but I am wondering why the need for the specific dimensions. Just a curious cat.... :ph34r:

Good luck!

I am looikng into doing some reshelling and custom work but most kits end at about 270ish mm...i am sure i could use styrene or something to add mass/length, but it would be nice to have a shoe-in so to speak.....anyone out there know of a kit that is about 12.5 inches long??

A 1/72 Flanker should be close to those dimensions. (though some of that length is the tail stinger)

An Sv-51 should be slightly larger than a Flanker.

Wingspan is obvious, but what exactly do you mean by "length"? Fuselage length? Overall length? Length excluding nose probes etc? A plane can easily gain or lose a lot depending on exactly what you're measuring. Some planes are much longer than they are "nose to tail" and some planes have a fuselage that is much shorter than the nose-to-tail length.

A 1/72 Flanker should be close to those dimensions. (though some of that length is the tail stinger)

An Sv-51 should be slightly larger than a Flanker.

Wingspan is obvious, but what exactly do you mean by "length"? Fuselage length? Overall length? Length excluding nose probes etc? A plane can easily gain or lose a lot depending on exactly what you're measuring. Some planes are much longer than they are "nose to tail" and some planes have a fuselage that is much shorter than the nose-to-tail length.

Yep, nose-to-tail, fuselage; wings don't matter as much. Thanks!

Technically, a Flanker is longer than its nose-to-tail length. An Sv-51 is too, but not by much.

yeah, i'm feeling it will be easier to do some cutting than adding. thank you for the suggestions...if only i can find two different models that meet those length measurements...

If you expand the search to include fighter-bombers, like the F-111 and Su-24, those are always larger than "pure" fighters, yet retain a fighter-esque look. The F-111 especially may be useful, as it's as much the VF-1's inspiration as the F-14 is.

If you expand the search to include fighter-bombers, like the F-111 and Su-24, those are always larger than "pure" fighters, yet retain a fighter-esque look. The F-111 especially may be useful, as it's as much the VF-1's inspiration as the F-14 is.

YES!!! these are exactly what i needed!!! thanks for helpiing my brain get moving!! Also, i am really loving the look of the su-37, i cannot wait to get my project stared. :D Really, THANK YOU so much!