DYRL english dub laser disc

boinger

phunky204 was asking me about getting the english audio from the DYRL english dub laser disc.

I told him the best I had to offer was the rebuilt audio from the fuzzy english audio DYRL VHS tape that is currently on the COTB.avi 2.2 fan edit.

Does anyone have the Macross DYRL english dub edition laser disc and can capture the audio into a high quality mp3 or .wav file from it?

Also, a couple of questions come to mind for the DYRL laser discs, since I visit the originaltrilogyforum.com website every couple of weeks.

I read on this forum that the original Star Wars 1977 movie has been best preserved by going back to a laser disc capture rather than trying to use the new special edition star wars video to reconstitute the 1977 movie.

Has anybody made a video quality comparison to perfect edition DYRL laser disc with the new DYRL remastered DVD or the perfect edition dyrl DVD?

Would a laser disc to dvd preservation be the way to go to get the best DYRL, if the blu ray DYRL does not appear?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Just wondering.

Edited by boinger

phunky204 was able to get two .flac audio files of the dyrl english dub laserdisc from Turbine.

I'm hoping to get a copy of these files from phunky204.

From phunky204's message, it looks like the laserdisc audio will incur the same difficulties in matching up to the 24fps remastered dyrl video.

If this audio sounds better than the vhs audio, then I'll seriously consider updating the audio for COTB fan edit.