Has anyone built and finished VF-0D?

Andrew

Hi,

I've been a long time watcher of some of the threads but never posted anything. I've got a bunch of Macross Zero Kits that I just took out from storage and want to build up. One of them is the VF-0D.

Anyway, I've got a VF-0D kit and was taking a look through the instructions and noticed the colour mix used for the upper surface blue. Has anyone actually built this and painted it properly?

I'm most interested in what colour to use in Acrylic for 'Air Superiority Blue' that it asks u to mix with.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Hello, This is my VF-0D direct build with used the color as an instruction

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v627/man...nt=IMGP1627.jpg

I have finish the paint before complete the construction even in the cockpit, It's more easier than complete construction before building

PS. Sorry for my poor language.

Thats a pretty bright blue. What did you use for the 40% Air Superioirty Blue?

Air superiority blue is a fairly light blue, with a little grey in it. See the little image attached.

post-692-1240891005.gif

The only manufacturer I found that actually sells air superiority blue is Life Color... but their paints are often pretty awful (I've gotten several paints from them that were completely dried out). I got a fairly close approximation of this colour by taking Dark Ghost Grey (FS36320) and tinting it with a very small amount of light blue until it matched.

Once you've got that mix, you can combine it with cobalt blue normally.

Edited by Penguin