YAMATO protoGarland -qc issue

just bought my first garland..the 'protogarland' 2 be precsice.

i heard they did alot of QC improvents from the first garlands.>>.so i felt confident i'd get a tight item.

buttt>>> . . . . ...BROKEN HANDELBAR on (MIB) toy!! arGHGHGHHhhhh! :angry:

anybody had this problem?? :huh:

or what are the steps for switching it out ??(if yamato sennds replacment)

i've super-glued it using a ruler too match it too the intact h.bar...

and it looks fine;;BUT for$120 it sucks 2 be looking at a superglued toy!

....especially one that is soo kick-asss looking;

thanks for any imput- depeply appreciated! :rolleyes:

i

Edited by novaflo

mine had the same thing, left handle bar was sittin in the box it happens, piss poor handling on Yamato's part mostly. But it's not something to freak out about.

To switch it out, I think you might have to replace the console but never knew how, it's not something to be going "OMIGOD! BROKE HANDLE BAR! I WANT A REPLACEMENT!" Just kind of man up, super glue it and you'll never worry about it again. You can't even tell once it's done. As long as it's not the whole console broken up, you'll be fine.

diggg it..just seems like such a goofy Q.c blunder >>considering the toy is so kickass....a shame really ;)

I think gluing in a tiny ring 'collar' for each handelbar would actually beef-up the appearence of the bars..in proportion to the huge-ness of the bike.

...and i'm not one of those collectors that needs 100000% flawlessness or anything...but for $120-200 they could pay attention too this issue.

+ i'm just interested in switching the assembly for a unbroken one ...not a whole new toy!

plus knowing my luck ...i'd get a replacement bike and something WORSE would be wrong with it!!!

thanks for the imput on this! :)

We were discussing this in another variable bike thread. I told you what happened with my issues with Yamato, and how great they were about fixing things.

I figure you should hear back from them tomorrow. Let us know when you do.

...and i'm not one of those collectors that needs 100000% flawlessness or anything...but for $120-200 they could pay attention too this issue.

That's yamato for you, you get probably one of the best looking collectors toys you'll ever find on the market, but just don't touch the damn thing lol.

I've had a small number of their stuff just disintegrate on me in an hour and piss me off. But right now I'm not having that issue and I wanna keep it that way too dammit.

So how do I man up before I do that kind of fix? I hear some weightlifting is good to pump me up, but I get trembly fingers afterwards... not good for precision gluing. happy.gif

Just watch some Rocky or Over the top (Stallone in general helps) with some good ol 80's music blairing in the background after you're all pumped (I suggest Hearts on Fire) and then just delicately, like making love to a hot virgin, just put that part in it's proper place and OWN IT!..........................oh *HIC* there we go, *takes off roy wig and steps down*