Galaxy Express 999 movies on DVD?

Being a huge fan of the 999 movies (original and "adeiu") and since my Viz vhs tapes are no longer, I was wondering if anyone knew if anyone had licensed these movies or if there has been any talk of a company planning to put them on dvd. If not, any "region free" and/or torrent options...? Thanks in advance.

The good news is that 8 or so years ago they were released on DVD in Korea with english subs. They were only released that way in Korea, and the first movie is R3 (second is R0) so you'd need a region switchable player. Further, there was a box with both movies released + a bonus disc (didn't get that version), but not sure if it's even still in production. The shop I got my copies from doesn't seem to exist any longer unfortunately, but good hunting.

There is one upside though, Crunchroll has the first 65 episodes of hte TV series licensed & subtitled from Toei that you can watch if you join with them.