viewing anime

Aegis!

Hi guys , I´m having problems watching some Rahxephon fansubs I had , well I supposedly downloaded Eps 1-6 , after the torrent archive was fully downloaded I tried to watch the first file , but the extentions are kind of wierd , I have 7 files , six of which have the same extention as this one: a-l.rahxephon.01.xvid.ogm and the last one has a .sfv extention.

no player seems to work with any of the files , I have all the newest codecs , I tried with BSplayer , DivX player , etc... I don´t what to do :(

I know this may not be supposed to be posted here but I ask the Mods that as soon as someone solves this problem they delete this thread.

its says xvid, u need xvid codec, u have it? its different from divx

yeah , I have it , my problem is that there´s no player that can recognise the format the files are in , they´re supposed to be Xvid but they also have a .ogm extention and whenever I try to play one of the files it gives me a ¨unkown format¨ message.

Should I re-name them ? I don´t think that would help though.

its says xvid, u need xvid codec, u have it? its different from divx

yeah , I have it , my problem is that there´s no player that can recognise the format the files are in , they´re supposed to be Xvid but they also have a .ogm extention and whenever I try to play one of the files it gives me a ¨unkown format¨ message.

Should I re-name them ? I don´t think that would help though.

http://www.movieking.co.uk/guides/ogm.html

ogm is a container filer which 'packages' all the needed files. you will need files to play back the ogm files (as provided by another poster above). a new container file format is mkv which is open source and has some improvements over ogm. the benefit with ogm is you can package in additional features such as english dub tracks (yeah yeah i know..real anime fans dont listen to dub tracks..).

sfv is a file to verify the integrity of your downloads. an SFV checker will use the values in the sfv file and check to see if your files match up. if they don't then you know that file is corrupt.

and yes rah is licensed and i encourage you to purchase it as it is a beautfiul series.

here's how i was able to make the ogm's work

uninstall all codecs

install divx

install the ogm filter

install vobsub

you need to go do a google search on each one and download them individually, NOT in a codec pack.

after you get the ogm working, THEn install a codec pack and only choose the codecs you need.

DO NOT install the beta version of the TFM audio filter with vobsub, you will disable your sound alltogether.