Robotech Alpha Poseables

skunkobot

Just picked up the Lancer Alpha Poseable and I must say I'm very impressed. I don't tend to buy non transforming action figures much, but it looked nice, and I needed something to tide me over until the MPC release.

The first thing I noticed was that this bad boy was heavy. And not a chunk of metal in sight, not even screws. Anyone know what kind of plastic this is, I'm not familiar enough with materials to tell, I just know I like it, it has a nice heft. The paint is really nice too, very little overspray, and I had to look hard to find it. Been having a blast just posing this guy, he stays up in some extreme poses.

The most impressive thing for me though was realizing the level to which they executed the fighter mode cockpit. If you flip him around you can see the top of the front section of the fighter mode, painted even. Such a nice little detail that could have been overlooked without making anyone think ill of the product.

My only complaints are the lack of a mid thigh swivel, and his hips are a bit restricted, but that's forgivable given the design of the figure. Well, the somewhat restricted hips that is. Heads will roll for the lack of mid thigh swivel. Oh, and the head being only a swivel when it should have been a ball joint.

So yeah, I've been thinking of going on a killing spree, and using these suckers as my weapons. Anyone care to join me?

I believe they are a combination of PVC and ABS plastic, the soft, dense plastic is the pvc, and the hard hollow parts are the ABS. i think the figures look awesome but due to their designed i find the poseablility to be quite limited, since its a super poseable and isn't supposed to have accurate proportions, they couldve altered a few things to make it more poseable like making the arms a bit longers and the chest not so deep, that way you could get mor ecoordination between the arms, necks shudve been ball joint, the waise definitely shouldve been a ball joint, and they shouldve done something to give the hips more spread

It's an OK posable, but I think I'll limit my collection to just the one I have now. I know it's an exagerated sculpt, but I was dissapointed with the direction they took it, namely the feet. And, it's not all that poseable for being so super.

It's an OK posable, but I think I'll limit my collection to just the one I have now. I know it's an exagerated sculpt, but I was dissapointed with the direction they took it, namely the feet. And, it's not all that poseable for being so super.

i tihnk i know what you mean baout the feet, they are HUGE and look pretty akward in alot of the poses i come up with

Hmm. I think they look okay but right out of the box I tried to change hands and the hand peg broke. It's still stuck in the Alpha's arm so I have to find some way to pull it out to glue back on the hand.

thats odd, i have heard peope talk about then owrrying about breaking the hand pegs and such, but all 3 of my vf-1 poseables and my alpha are all solid, i just pop the hands right out dont gotta be careful about it or anything

None of my 10 Alpha's have had any problems in that regard

That said, I can't remove the hands on my sole BC CF SP because the plastic is snapping on the plug at the bottom of the hand where the wrist starts...

different strokes...

Cyc

I understand the sentiment of wanting added poseablity, but looking at the figure, I find it amazing how show accurate it is. I prefer having that and a slight decrease in poseability rather then the opposite option.

Of course as I've already said, he's just a stop gap until I can get my hands on the MPC. *grin* *drool* *grin*