1/60 Regults anyone?

regult

Man, talk about bringing up some memories....my first topic on MW ( http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...ic=4744&hl= ) had these "wants" in mind:

What if I could readily purchase.....

GLAUG

NOUSJADEUL-GER

REGULT - includes Light Missle and Heavy Missle Launchers for re-configs

REGULT TACTICAL SCOUT

UN SPACY 2-PACK -- QF-3000E GHOST & ES-11D CAT'S EYE

ZENTRADI FIGHTER POD

If there was a Glaug, that would have to be followed by the Variable Glaug.

And the VA-3M Invader, and the......

Sorry..........yes, Regults would be sweet!

So how many of you saying you want a 1/60 Regult own a 1/60 Q-rau? If you don't and really want a Regult, go buy a Q-rau now and prove your sincerity to Yamato..

You do realize the size of a 1/60 Regult? about 2.5 X the size of a valk in battroid........................ Standing fully erect! On its tippy toe's!!

Dont get me wrong, I want to see more enemy mechs too (yes I own a V1 Q-rau). Had a Matchbox one (meh) got the Revoltech one (very cool). Just not sure they should be in 1/60 scale, they are quite large.

So how many of you saying you want a 1/60 Regult own a 1/60 Q-rau? If you don't and really want a Regult, go buy a Q-rau now and prove your sincerity to Yamato..

You do realize the size of a 1/60 Regult? about 2.5 X the size of a valk in battroid........................ Standing fully erect! On its tippy toe's!!

Dont get me wrong, I want to see more enemy mechs too (yes I own a V1 Q-rau). Had a Matchbox one (meh) got the Revoltech one (very cool). Just not sure they should be in 1/60 scale, they are quite large.

I own the M&M Q-raus and I love them. They are not good to play with, but good to be looked at IMO.

Calculated the scale, and think they are around... 1/57 or so. Can't remember exactly now.

Great cut-away art of the Regult! I have never seen that before!

YES - massive size and all I will be in for 2, 1 Recon and 1 Glaug.

The Perfect Memory book puts the top height of the Z soldier coming to only the top of the VF chest, I would let Yamato cheat that a bit more and go another 1/2 below that if they had to for cost / size reasons.

As I stated before, Yamato's penchant for after-market add-ons is what would potentially sour me on getting a 1/60 Glaug or Regult. It would be done exactly like the current Valkyries. First, you'd get the basic battlepods for $90 to $100. 3 to 6 months later, we'd get the $80 "Regult Armament Pack" that would allow you to make the various other versions of the Regult. This pack would include the two different missile launcher systems with removable missiles or opening armor panels.; and possibly a snap-on front faceplate and ELINT gear to make the Scout pod. This would then tempt many collectors to quadruple their Regult collections so they could have one of each version. That would then be followed by a $120 "Glaug Booster Sled Pack" that turns the Glaug into a space fighter.

Now, while Yamato is marketing these add-on packs, it will simultaneous release a "Kamjin Perfect Memory Glaug" that comes with the aforementioned booster sled, special paint scheme, and a non-articulated Kamjin figure...for $200. The Regult would also get the "deluxe" treatment by being sold with all of the Armament Pack accessories as well...just like how the VF-1J comes with Fast Packs. And boom...suddenly Yamato has saturated the market with TECHNICALLY 4 different versions of only two Zentran mecha practically overnight. That's understandable. Its maximizing the potential of a single mold. Hell, look at the rainbow of repaints of the Jedi Starfighter from Ep. III that Hasbro has cranked out over the last 3 years. Its the same concept. A year later, both of these mecha will then be given the "weathered special" paint scheme and have a $500 price tag slapped on them.

...and half of us here on MW will be posting "JUST PREORDERED TWO OF EACH!" lol

At least this is the formula Yamato's been using for releasing various incarnations of the Valkyries over the years...

Spot on about the type of marketing successful companies engaged in. Coca Cola has been selling just that 1 product for almost 100 years too, repackaged in different containers.

And you definitely work for Toys R Us. I got 3 of those re-colored Jedi starfighters from ToysrUs(sg) - Anakin's yellow, Obiwan's red and Vader's gray. ^_^