Recommendations on next model

agass4u

Recommendations on next model

I am just curious about other people’s experiences with the two kits I am choosing between for my next model to build. I am looking at building one of the following two kits next:

1/72 Reactive Armored VF-0S Macross Zero

http://www.hlj.com/product/HSG21

1/72 VF-25F Messiah Valkyrie Alto Custom

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN955525

Has anyone built both of these models and have a recommendation on which you liked better? They are both awesome kits and I am finding it hard to choose between them.

Thanks.

*Edit: Sorry about the Post Title. I pasted the wrong text and didn't check before posting. Oops.

Edited by agass4u

I have the Alto Valk, though construction is on hold until the armor parts I pre-ordered come out. For that kit there are a LOT of small parts, as this is a transforming model. The whole model is made up of little bits that come together to make the larger everything! But its surprisingly easy to assemble as long as you go slow and with patience. One thing I noticed is its tendency to be a little floppy, hence my decision to add anchor points between the arms and legs and along the wing roots, though I heard the Ozma (which I also have) is of a better fit. They may have adjusted their molds to answer complaints about the Alto. And what's great, is that for most of the entire build, you don't need paint or glue!

Even half done, its a great and sexy model! I'd post a link to mine, but Photobucket isn't loading for me right now. <_<

Hmm, I am not sure about how to go about adding anchor points so that might be a little over my head for the moment. I might just wait until they release the kit with the Valk and armor together. It's going to be more expensive but I love the way the armor looks. It would be nice if I could buy a kit locally but I don't see that happening any time soon. Thanks HG... <_<

Some others have mentioned using rare earth magnets within the model to help tighten it. For me, a pin-hole job is easier and steadier. I can't wait for the other VF-25s to come out! From what I figure the price of the armor pack PLUS what I paid for the original un-armored model is probably close to the full armored model.

Oh, and here the link to what I've done so far.

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Th...25%20Macross-F/