Blue Maxed out Takatoku

Edward28

Hi Gang,

I've been lurking for ages and thought you would enjoy this video of the Blue Max from Takatoku. I couldn't find another on Youtube and thought it was long past due.

Enjoy in HD:

Hope you like the work. I might do other vintage gems if feedback is positive ;)

Ed

love how you used gloves to handle this toy like it was a fragile comic book that you don't want greasy hands to touch. ;):lol::D:p

LOL Yes, unfortunately I have kept my toys long enough to be pretty anal about this schtuff. Like with guns and knives, finger prints will tarnish the diecast. This toy, of course, doesn't need it as much as that crappy silver and gold plating on some newer toys. :p

Ed

Well, I must say visually, its awesome to see the toy on the screen, so kudos for that.

I will say though, that your commentary is rife with errors which detracts from the "review" overall.

I'd say sorry for being nitt-picky, but this is a Macross forum and one should expect this sort of response ;)

So from a Macross fan perspective, and not being a Transformers fan here are my gripes:

Foremost, comparing Takatoku toys to Jetfire is rather irksome to some Macross fans since Takatoku toys came years before. I understand that it helps American fans by providing a frame of reference for the toy, but maybe a better approach would be to "compare Jetfire to Takatoku toys" if that makes sense. (Basically they came first and Jetfire is really the red-headed stepchild of Takatoku toys)

"Today we've got the Battlroid Valkyrie review, its the VF1J model of "Jet" from the Super Dimensional Macross, The Movie"

It's "Battroid", not "Battlroid". "Battloid" is from Robotech :)

Did you almost say "its the VF1J model of Jetfire"?

The toy is from the TV series, not the movie.

"This particular one I believe is known as Max Jenius or the "Blue Max" piloted by Max. Its a great rendition of the toy. You can see the tip down here being a bit sharper than average"

Never heard it called "Blue Max" since Max always has a blue paint scheme. "Max VF1J" is what its normally referred to as.

All Takatoku 1/55 Valkyries have that same tip so its not "sharper than average", its exactly the same. I'm guessing you mean "sharper than the Jetfire toy"?

"You can see that Takatoku obviously had some great drawing people"

Actually not Takatoku's artists. That art was supplied by Studio Nue/Artland. Most of that art was by Toshimitsu Suzuki, who worked for Artmic/Artland. Studio Nue was responsible for planning Macross.

"And down below ‘em, the cannon fodder so to speak. The bad guys vehicles."

Only the last one is a "bad guys vehicle". Most of the bottom row is cannon fodder, except the first one in the row. Its the VF1J Armored Valkyrie, which is an armored version of the "hero mech" of the show, definitely not cannon fodder.

"I want to say Max and one of the main female characters. Her name escapes me at the moment."

Millia Jenius. Max's alien wife. Pretty much of as much importance as the Max character himself and who also received her own red VF1J in the same toy line.

As far as transformation, in Battroid Mode the wings are supposed to be closed all the way. They are displayed open in the box to allow the backpack to fold down which saves space.

Well, I must say visually, its awesome to see the toy on the screen, so kudos for that.

I will say though, that your commentary is rife with errors which detracts from the "review" overall.

I'd say sorry for being nitt-picky, but this is a Macross forum and one should expect this sort of response ;)

So from a Macross fan perspective, and not being a Transformers fan here are my gripes:

Foremost, comparing Takatoku toys to Jetfire is rather irksome to some Macross fans since Takatoku toys came years before. I understand that it helps American fans by providing a frame of reference for the toy, but maybe a better approach would be to "compare Jetfire to Takatoku toys" if that makes sense. (Basically they came first and Jetfire is really the red-headed stepchild of Takatoku toys)

"Today we've got the Battlroid Valkyrie review, its the VF1J model of "Jet" from the Super Dimensional Macross, The Movie"

It's "Battroid", not "Battlroid". "Battloid" is from Robotech :)

Did you almost say "its the VF1J model of Jetfire"?

The toy is from the TV series, not the movie.

"This particular one I believe is known as Max Jenius or the "Blue Max" piloted by Max. Its a great rendition of the toy. You can see the tip down here being a bit sharper than average"

Never heard it called "Blue Max" since Max always has a blue paint scheme. "Max VF1J" is what its normally referred to as.

All Takatoku 1/55 Valkyries have that same tip so its not "sharper than average", its exactly the same. I'm guessing you mean "sharper than the Jetfire toy"?

"You can see that Takatoku obviously had some great drawing people"

Actually not Takatoku's artists. That art was supplied by Studio Nue/Artland. Most of that art was by Toshimitsu Suzuki, who worked for Artmic/Artland. Studio Nue was responsible for planning Macross.

"And down below ‘em, the cannon fodder so to speak. The bad guys vehicles."

Only the last one is a "bad guys vehicle". Most of the bottom row is cannon fodder, except the first one in the row. Its the VF1J Armored Valkyrie, which is an armored version of the "hero mech" of the show, definitely not cannon fodder.

"I want to say Max and one of the main female characters. Her name escapes me at the moment."

Millia Jenius. Max's alien wife. Pretty much of as much importance as the Max character himself and who also received her own red VF1J in the same toy line.

As far as transformation, in Battroid Mode the wings are supposed to be closed all the way. They are displayed open in the box to allow the backpack to fold down which saves space.

Thats a lot of nitpicking right there, but at the same time, the info corrections are accurate. ^_^

Edward28, just don't feel bad or take it personal. The more you dig into Macross, the more you'll learn the difference.

"Foremost, comparing Takatoku toys to Jetfire is rather irksome to some Macross fans since Takatoku toys came years before. I understand that it helps American fans by providing a frame of reference for the toy, but maybe a better approach would be to "compare Jetfire to Takatoku toys" if that makes sense. (Basically they came first and Jetfire is really the red-headed stepchild of Takatoku toys) "

Picky ;) LOL Since Youtube is U.S. based, I found that many viewers just don't know Japanese toy anthology. So yes, but I chose to "wake up" those who know Jetfire and nothing else. ;)

"It's "Battroid", not "Battlroid". "Battloid" is from Robotech :)"

Cool. Learn something every day.

"Never heard it called "Blue Max" since Max always has a blue paint scheme. "Max VF1J" is what its normally referred to as."

I heard this ages ago due to the with an homage to WWII. It was also used for old school collectors. Go figure, yes it's redundant ;)

"All Takatoku 1/55 Valkyries have that same tip so its not "sharper than average", its exactly the same. I'm guessing you mean "sharper than the Jetfire toy"?"

Yes, this is from an American perspective. The "average" Valk was the Jetfire with the rounded tip.

"Actually not Takatoku's artists. That art was supplied by Studio Nue/Artland. Most of that art was by Toshimitsu Suzuki, who worked for Artmic/Artland. Studio Nue was responsible for planning Macross."

Cool...I don't know if I totally agree. So if Takatoku paid to use the art/subcontract work, who owns that box drawing/artists for the work? I would love to add in credits if post-Youtube loading could be edited ;)

"Millia Jenius. Max's alien wife. Pretty much of as much importance as the Max character himself and who also received her own red VF1J in the same toy line."

Yes, I went brain dead there. LOL I wish I could re-edit the Vid there. ;)

I havent seen the review, but all of those comments are a bit too nitpicky for my liking - we all know transformers was the benchmark for all western cartoons! I loved robotech, but transformers will always be the 'eleven' to robotechs 'ten'...'for that, you know, little bit of extra oomph'... I think a comparison to jetfire is well warranted.

Also - re. the armored valk - come on, Rick was pretty much cannon fodder throughout that whole show - he just seemed to survive... What a lifestyle!