Macross 7 Trash

VF5SS

Macross 7 Trash, unfortunately the story doesn't revolve around a valk pilot (although there's a retired female ace pilot), I was following it for several volume, maybe its time for me to finished it.

Here's a link to my really old webpage. The series was still running at the time.

http://geocities.com/gunsight_one/mac7trash.html

Shame the story kind of didn't go anywhere in the end. It was kind of interesting that they were reverse-engineering the spiritia absorption devices of the Varauta to create super-airbladers, who would then be kind of like the Perfect Soldiers from Votoms. That is, if I remember correctly.

The first couple of books hint at a love triangle, too, but in the end that doesn't really develop into anything either.

Yeah it does but its not the coach. She's more of the Focker type girl.

As for the love triangle it is between the old girlfriend, Shiba and the new girl.

Col. Bacelon wanted to use the mind system to incite a revolt in the fleet.

Sees Zentradi has gone too sheep. Awaken those more primal emotions.

The explanation is that there are Zentradi still in that time have trouble with emotions.

Using the spiritia absorbing modified mind system Bacelon seeks to use the spiritia produced by competition and aggressiveness to instill emotions more attuned to a warrior based culture.

What I don't get much is what is the Mind System originally for.

Shiba's mother was the creator and Max was supposed to be a test pilot for it.

Yeah, I remember the new girl. "Pasha", right? She was more of a last-minute addition, though.

And yeah, you're right, I forgot that they used it on that Zentradi girl. Can't even remember her name now.

Actually, it sounds really exciting looking back now, but the fact that I've forgotten about most of it points to bad execution. The art is great, I suppose it's down to pacing, or lack of depth in the characters.