Life on Mars (either version)

taksraven

Don't know if anyone is interested in a general discussion thread for this series. (probably not since it has not already started, but I'll give it a go)

Is there anybody who has watched both the UK AND US versions who has an opinion of how the US version compares.

I think that the British version was brilliant but there is a bad history of these shows getting stuffed up in translation across the Atlantic.

Taksraven

I haven't seen the US version myself. People who saw the pilot with Colm O'Meaney as Gene Hunt weren't overly impressed but my understanding is that the full US series has a new cast...?

Philip Glenister, who played Hunt in the UK version, is currently starring in UK-Buffy-type fantasy series Demons (playing, oddly, an American monster hunter) and is teaming up with John "Sam Tyler", "The Master" Simm for a new comedy crime film.

I haven't seen the US version myself. People who saw the pilot with Colm O'Meaney as Gene Hunt weren't overly impressed but my understanding is that the full US series has a new cast...?

Philip Glenister, who played Hunt in the UK version, is currently starring in UK-Buffy-type fantasy series Demons (playing, oddly, an American monster hunter) and is teaming up with John "Sam Tyler", "The Master" Simm for a new comedy crime film.

Colm O'Meaney was dumped and they shot a second pilot for the show, this time with Harvey Keitel as Gene Hunt. I personally think that he could possibly do a better job than Colm as Gene Hunt but he is still a bit too old for the role.

Thanks for the heads-up on Demons, I had heard about it but it is getting conflicting reviews so I have not decided if I will download it yet.

Taksraven