Custom Paint Help Needed

optimator88

I've circled the the area I'm not sure how to paint. Do I just paint over it in the base color and then go back and fill in the black parts carefully? There are a bunch of these on the Valk so I thought I'd ask the experts before screwing it up.

Thanks

If its a hasegawa then you should have some decals for it. Otherwise just paint your base coat and then use slightly thined black and drop it into the receses and then wipe off the excess. I find using an oil paint over and acrylic base paint is better as you can wipe it away with a cotton swap soaked in white spirit or turpanoid etc, it wont attack teh acrylic. the reverse will also work but you have to use water or acrylic thinners

If its a hasegawa then you should have some decals for it. Otherwise just paint your base coat and then use slightly thined black and drop it into the receses and then wipe off the excess. I find using an oil paint over and acrylic base paint is better as you can wipe it away with a cotton swap soaked in white spirit or turpanoid etc, it wont attack teh acrylic. the reverse will also work but you have to use water or acrylic thinners

Thanks, I didn't think of that. So it's like doing a wash.