Dunno how to attach legs in gerwalk mode

widowmaker

I've found that you have to move one of the pins to the side (slowly, but with a little force, as if you do it too fast, it could crack the plastic), so that it's a little off-center.

The pins DO overlap a bit, and when you stand it up, it is a little wobbley, but it will hold.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

looks like it's a design flaw ..... :(

I don't know if I'd call it a "flaw" per se, but I do think that gerwalk mode is the 1/60's weakest mode (both literally and figuratively). Not a big fan of the twist below the knee either...it's just....ugly IMHO.

Yeah. It helps give the gerwalk that nice stance where the legs angle outward, but the toy takes a big hit in the stability. Some people say theirs is rock solid in gerwalk, but I think they're all smoking crack. :D

Edited by imode

Yeah. It helps give the gerwalk that nice stance where the legs angle outward, but the toy takes a big hit in the stability. Some people say theirs is rock solid in gerwalk, but I think they're all smoking crack. :D

That was one of the things I really enjoyed about the 1/48...it really is rock-solid in Gerwalk. I do have my 1/60 Max VF-1J in Gerwalk and it's pretty stable. The original release 1/60 (pre-fast pack) are pretty useless in Gerwalk though, unless you are going for that "crashed and burned" look.

If you keep the arms stowed, then you can prevent the pins from overlapping when you've deployed the legs. Otherwise, you need to overlap the pins as the shoulder plates won't allow you to have the legs the same distance apart in fighter mode.