Need help with my Lansay Gakken Alpha Tread Fighter

Raytype

Hi I'm new, just getting back into Macross after a 4 year lay off, I've got a Lansay or Gakken Green Alpha Fighter that goes with the Tread which I bought 5 years ago for $80, now IMO if it wasnt rare I wouldnt have bought it but I was on ''Must have'' mode and shelled out.

Back then the newer version wasnt out, what I need to know is

1) Is it still worth anywhere near $80

and

2) If not is it even worth keeping anymore

I am disgusted to say I killed the tread with a box so its the fighter only thats left which is in good condition with no damage.

I would appreciate any info and I'm not pimping it otherwise I would post the link, I hope to be here for a long while as I'm just getting back into the hobby :)

Thanks fellas !

No I wasnt joking, I live in the uk so in fairness they are a but easier to come by here, I do feel like a bit of a dick now as I've slung the tread section out, I'm going into the garage in a mission to find the damn thing tomorrow. CRAP

Damn, I need to go to the UK! All this time I passed up on traveling there since it didn't have an exotic allure... now that I know there are sweet vintage and rare toys lurking there I might have to change my tune.

Yup.. more hidden vintage stuff than you might think.. i found minty taka 1/55 VF-1S(FP) a couple of years ago for £6 (about $12ish), and when i say minty, i mean brand new. Like from a shop, not second hand. :ph34r:

Thats it! I am renewing my UK passport! The picture of me at 6 weeks old does not reveal much of my present appearance. My parents are both from USA but I was born in the UK and lived there for the first 4 years of my life. I have been thinking to go back for political, and economic reasons but this... this seals the deal! Vintage Treads and Valks for so cheap?! That is a great reason for emigrating!

• 2 weeks later...

I find the best place to find it is the seaside, here in east anglia we got a lot of French overstocks, thats how I got my original Tread, you can still pick stuff up from the little novelty toystores you just have to look hard.