song name and lyrics

rapierdragon

Anyone know the name of the song that Ranka sings at the end of (I think its ep 19) just prior to the credits (when she's running up to meet Alto on the roof only to find Sheryl in Alto's arms) and then you hear it again in the first 30 seconds of (think its ep 20) just prior to the Lion OP when they're flashing back to her on stage and then running up the stairs to meet Alto? (same concert where you see a fake Vajra in the crowd waving its eyeball-tentacles back and forth to the beat).

You can somewhat hear it in the background as Alto and Sheryl are talking to each other on the roof and the camera angles down so you see Ranka down performing on stage.

Only line I really remember offhand is "dakun dakun dakun" (not sure of spelling...) she's singing bout hearing her boyfriend's heart and how its a wonderfull sound and a pleasant sound... guessing the "dakun" is kind of the japanese way of describing teh sound a heart makes when its beating. Kind of like "doki doki" is sometimes used as a text for the "heart beat" in some other J-pop lyrics or games, or "ka-thump ka-thump" would be similarly used in an english book (like a romance).

I've checked sites like AnimeLyrics.com and there's no mention of the song, and its not on the Macross Frontier OST-1.

I've looked around in the lyrics for other Macross series but don't see anything like it there either.

I'm guessing there's no real reference because in total you only hear like a total of maybe 20 seconds of the song/music just prior to Ranka being shown running up teh stairs (which is when it you hear her thinking "Alto-kun! Alto-kun!"). Roughly the same 20 or so seconds of music/vocal is used in the opening teaser while they review the ending of the previous episode. (and then after the Lion OP you get the dozens of small Vajra showing up, followed by Ranka singing Aimo (but failing cause her emotions are sad) thereby triggering the arrival of thousands of tiny flying Vajra from under the ground.

Would post the episode # but I'm just doing a quick post before bed. If no one replies by tomorrow I'll do a search through my downloads to see if I can pull up the episode #'s (think its end of 19, start of 20, if I'm remembering that 21 is where Michel dies at the end. If Michel dies in ep 20 then its heard at end of 18 and opening teaser of 19).

rapierdragon