another airbrush question

Evil Bones

sorry for another thread.... :wacko:

I have been able to find at LHS these airbrushes, and would like to get opinions on them.

post-9757-1221549308_thumb.jpg

These AB are double action. I am looking at the ADVANCED & Jr versions.

post-9757-1221549412_thumb.jpg

These are SA. was looking at the spraywork hg & spraywork hg superfine.

the LHS also has an airbrush set 180D

any opinions would be appreciated.

thanks Evil

I saw your website and the tutorial at making the paints in PC adobe.

Believe it or not when you use the airbrush is of a similar effect painting on a flat surface. One thing you will find out is that with the airbrush you get more controlling strokes but is just as tedious to do. The effect is the same with a single action Airbrush. The difference is that with the double you can control the stroke from a fine to a more concentrated flow on one spray from the trigger. On the single you'd sort of have the same flow always, but for a big painting area some times is a better choice. I am sure you have done your research about what they do.

For superfine lines I'd go with the double action just because at first it will take longer time to get used to but in the end you can't compare the minute flow control you get over the single action ones. Specially if you want to paint 1/6 or 1/12 scale faces

What I can't suggest on is whether gravity feed is better than bottle attachment ones. Usually for my painting technique a small to medium gravity feed container doesn't work because I have to always refill the container and that takes time from the painting. A big gravity feed might be a good option but I don't want to get tired 3 minutes after I started painting just for holding the sucker.. plus I find the gravity feed angle of painting uncomfortable

Edited by 007-vf1

hey 007-vf1,

"I saw your website and the tutorial at making the paints in PC adobe."

I have a website...WOW!! :blink:

i did not relize this. I have been away from the modeling scene for more than ten years

and i do not do websites on my own. Could you please send me the link?

I finially got into gaming miniatures a quite a few yrs ago. I travel so often that this hobby is often the one

I do. But being on a long term assignment in Japan, I found the LHS and Macross Models, and i am trying to

get equipment that is local ( i like instant gratification :rolleyes: ). I always try to support the LHS where ever i travel.

It seems that a lot of local Hobby shops back home are going out of business from lack of support.

Thanks for All the comments. Evil

80009.jpg

gaianotes G-04 NY.cotton swab

100 swab:¥263 

0030040000022.jpg

G-04sp NY.micro swab cotton BOX (gaianotes dilect online shop order only)

(100-swab mini pack×20):¥4800

86050.jpg

T-04h Tool-wash (1000ml) ¥1575-

g06_01.jpg

80010.jpg

G-06 Finishing-Master polyolefin brush ¥525

The polyolefin- tip included at 10pieces!

02.gif

KOBAYASHI SEIYAKU Co.Ltd. "Micro- brush between the tooth"

Used 0.4mm micro wire! ¥400-¥600

These cleaning items are very useful for Airbrush hand-piece nozzle cleaning!

Edited by yui1107

hey 007-vf1,

"I saw your website and the tutorial at making the paints in PC adobe."

I have a website...WOW!! :blink:

Ok then maybe it was not you, but i saw a web site where they give the tutorial of how to paint the Valkyrie you have as an avatar ( I thought you made it).

That cleaning stuff looks pretty good.

You might also consider buying some latex or cotton gloves so you don't leave finger prints when holding the model while airbrushing.