TF cousins of 1/55

Solscud007

I found this on an artical about Kawamori on Anime Network, its a bit like a wiki so not exactly proof positive, but an interesting read.

A little known fact is that early in his career, Kawamori had worked with Takara on designing toys for the Diaclone series - many of which eventually went on to the Transformers line. Most notable of these designs were Battle Convoy (Optimus Prime), Datsun Fairlady Z Robo (Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen) and Nissan Cherry Vanette Robo (Ironhide/Ratchet). In 2006, Kawamori returned to his roots by designing the Hybrid Style Convoy and Masterpiece Starscream toys.

here is the full link:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...eople.php?id=31

I found this on an artical about Kawamori on Anime Network, its a bit like a wiki so not exactly proof positive, but an interesting read.

A little known fact is that early in his career, Kawamori had worked with Takara on designing toys for the Diaclone series - many of which eventually went on to the Transformers line. Most notable of these designs were Battle Convoy (Optimus Prime), Datsun Fairlady Z Robo (Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen) and Nissan Cherry Vanette Robo (Ironhide/Ratchet). In 2006, Kawamori returned to his roots by designing the Hybrid Style Convoy and Masterpiece Starscream toys.

here is the full link:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...eople.php?id=31

That backs up the article I have.

Interestingly my brother came across the Patent for Megatron some years ago while checking through patents for something his company was working on. The key words he used to search out similar patents brought him up. I have the print outs some where.