paper models

rapierdragon

I did a fully-transformable one (earlier this year) which you can print out, fold up, and stand for display

and its available for download here:

http://www.savefile.com/files/1623117 (free download, no login/registration required)

Its completed size/shape is based on the original 1987 transformable toy (which I wished I had but don't, so I had to rely on like a dozen high quality pictures from one I once saw on ebay for like $400+ US dollars)

Actually there's a great completed model for downloading over on teh zealot paper-model / card-model forums. You can even print it out (over like 5 pages small version, 10 pages large I think) and then fold it up and presto, you've got your own FULLY TRANSFORMING model of the SDF-Macross (though its listed under robotech on teh forum).

http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php...4958&page=7

there's one by getter1 on like page 4 or so, but it was his first version and a number of areas are mis-proportioned (and it wasn't really meant to be transformable. He's working on an updated version using the corrected sizes from mine (which are based on the original 1987 transformable toy).

Too cool! (Have to join the forum to see the SDF, though.)

I've been tracking down Macross paper models for a while. There are a number of Valks out there, a couple of smaller Destroids and of course the Monster kit,. I've also found a Regult and a Glaug, as well as a non-transformable SDF and the Mom's Kitchen transport plane.

Of course, I wonder if the giant Robotech SDF-1 pressboard model from the 80s counts as a card model...?

Edited by AcroRay

That is pretty cool. I am always impressed with how good a paper model can actually look. Does anyone have any tips on making it look so nice? Is there special paper that one should use or a special glue? Also, is there a recommended way to cut them out? I was simply going to use a metal ruler and an x-acto knife.

Edit: Never mind, I found a web page with some good tips and techniques. Post more pages if you find them.

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/tech/dh_paper.htm

Edited by sharky

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

I'm the designer of the Little Non-transformable SDF-1 Paper model as well as the Destroid Defender that is available over at Zealot.com.

For those who are not members of that forum, here are a few pics of the models for you all to enjoy! :)

Also, My new and improved version is nearing completion and I'll post pics of that one later, if you guys want.

For now, here's the old models. Enjoy! :lol:

post-6698-1224519164_thumb.jpg

post-6698-1224519187_thumb.jpg

post-6698-1224519247_thumb.jpg

post-6698-1224519288_thumb.jpg

post-6698-1224519331_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone!

I'm the designer of the Little Non-transformable SDF-1 Paper model as well as the Destroid Defender that is available over at Zealot.com.

For those who are not members of that forum, here are a few pics of the models for you all to enjoy! :)

Also, My new and improved version is nearing completion and I'll post pics of that one later, if you guys want.

For now, here's the old models. Enjoy! :lol:

That's cool! Don't forget to upload a PDF with you model when finished