Yamato 1/48 spare hands ?

TheFrenchOne

Had the same idea and ordered them, the 1/35 hands are smaller than the yamato 1/60 hands, don't waste your $.

mike

Yeah, I would think so. None of the labors in Patlabor were anywhere near the size of a valk. 1/35 should still be way way too small.

hmmm...looks like you'd have to move to gundam PG hands :blink:

i know the hands from my 1/100 MG Zeta kit fit well on my 1/60...just a suggestion really

ummm...can someone with a 1/60th scale gundam (PG or the SEED 60's) recast those hands or somethin?...i think they'd be around the right size not totally sure though

THANKS MECHAMANIAC!!!!

Those hands fits REALLY well the 1/48! I think they are the right size, and also can fold into the forearms. I off to buy a coupe om MG ingrams hehehe.

Mecahmaniac, the Ingrams comes with only ONE set of hands?? MGs usually comes with several, to canivalize a whole Ingram for the hands is not the idea. I mean, If I use the Ingram hands for my Valk, the the poor ingram will be handless or is there some more sets of hands in the box??

Mecahmaniac, the Ingrams comes with only ONE set of hands?? MGs usually comes with several, to canivalize a whole Ingram for the hands is not the idea. I mean, If I use the Ingram hands for my Valk, the the poor ingram will be handless or is there some more sets of hands in the box??

The MG Ingrams come with one poseable right and left hand, one fixed closed grip right and left hand, and one fixed open (fingers outstretched) right and left hand.

So, you get like 6 hands with each.

But if you don't want to buy the whole Ingram kit, then get this....

HDM-21 Manipulator Kit

As to the ball joint, yes, I did have to shave that down, but ten minutes with an xacto, and simple removal of the ball leaving a peg in it's place worked fine. You just gotta fine tune it a bit.

Hope this helps.....

Thanks for the info and the Link Mechamaniac.

I am placing my order in HLJ right now.

Cool, but remember that the manipulator kit is resin, so you will have to paint them from the looks, and they are fixed pose as well.

So, if you heat the pistol grip hand and bend it around the grip of your gunpod, it should hold better than the poseables that come with the MG kit.

Bottom line, no hands really hold the gun correctly because of the fins on the back of the gun, they are too big, and put either outward, inward or downward tension on the hand depending on where you put the fins.