help with colour match

RichyX

im struggling to find these colours in the link

http://www.smokescreen-38.com/htm/tf/eviljetfire.htm

im trying to do an evil jetfire based on a bandai 1/55 but the grey ive used is tamiya sky grey and its no way near that, its more of a low viz colour id say

can anyone shed any light in where i can get a closest match please, im really strugling and this custom may end up being a low viz which isnt what i wanted to do as my first custom :(

id appriciate any help please with trying tof ind this whitey grey and the purple

Basic problem airplane modelers always have---Tamiya simply doesn't make the pale bluish greys that 99% of jets have been painted in for the last 20 years.

If you want "low-vis grey" from Tamiya, you'll have to mix it yourself. Sky grey is the lightest and closest they make, but as you've discovered--it's just not "low-vis grey".

I'll second the assessment that it's probably painted light ghost grey (36375)----every company BUT Tamiya makes that color, as it's the most common color in the world now for military jets.

Not sure on the fast packs, they're definitely darker than 36320, but lack the brownish hue of every grey in the 362xx range I know of. (and they're not dark enough to be in the 361xx range)

I used the grey primer from Halfords (UK Auto store) and gave it a couple of shots of white primer first the coated it with two layers of future which darkens it some what. You can also give it a matt coat over that after decals etc which will give it a bit more darkness.

You could add something like smoke to future to add a darkened coat to darken it down etc.

thanks for the replys

i went to the local model shop and bought some very light grey paint, was just a bit lighter than sky rey, but the stuff was crap to use and i eneded up blocking my paint brush and spending an hour trying to clean it out, as this stuff went like rubber within 5 mins

so what i did, was sanded it all down again, and it all went flat black, and i sued a war hammer purple for the strips on his arms and wings, and main chest, on the chest i used tamiya dark grey and coated with future

left all this 24hrs and started to rebuild him, only problem im having is as its my first custom and very first time at anything like this there is a couple of masking mistakes, and some of the paint has chipped slightly due to the way i had to put him together, but i think i could loose theseif i gave him a white wash, but i havnt got a clue onhow to do a wash yet !!!

the fast packs etc, have gone dark grey and ill try and get these a bit better with some black here and there, i used alclad steel and jet exhaust on his feet and jet packs aswell

i will get some pics up tomorrow what i have taken as my batt went flat n the camera

so hopefully my evil jetfire will kinda work, but may have skywarp colours lol

will have to see, but for my first one, ive spent over 2 weeks on it and have enjoyed it and i will do more i think, but start on models

just done a dummy build of a vf-0s battroid from wave, so this may be next, o ri may finish off my pg wing zero that got knocked off display and broke, parts are repaired just needs painting fully now