1/144 Valkyrie Set (4-in-1, Silver-Plated)

ruskiiVFaussie

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN59705

"Set of four silver-plated Valkyries shown in the machine's four most-common forms: Fighter, Fighter with legs down, Gerwalk, and Battroid."

I'm keen on most 1/144 stuff, i'll go ahead an order 1.

But set of 4? What four forms? lol Are they reffering to Strike/FP Valk?

Pics please!? :)

:edit: nevermind, they were orginally releasd in 1995.

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?range=descrip...p;GenreCode=All

That's all bandai 1/144 stuff.

No pics on the 1/144 Valkyrie though..

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I have an old release of this kit. The details and proportions are pretty good. Much, much better than the old 1/170 scale blobs of gunk. I believe the battroid is articulated like an old star wars figure (head, shoulders, hips move) I think the gerwalk has some articulation too and the wings sweep on the gerwalks/fighter modes.

I have an unopened set in the red box if anyone is interested. I think it has different head parts to build any of the different versions you want.

I loved Imai's & Arii's old Metalize and Iron kits. They looked very cool, but were a b1tch to build because you have to scrape all the chrome away from the joining surfaces or the glue absolutely won't bind. Then you also had to touch up every spot where the parts had to be cut from the sprue.

I built the non-Metalized version of that kit back around 1986. It was a fun little set, especially when you lined them up from fighter to Battroid. It included the Stalking mode, which is rather rare to see in plastic form.

Edited by AcroRay

I had the old Imai release of this kit for the VF-1J. My modelling skills weren't up to the challenge (I was about 10), but it was a cool little kit! BTW, I don't think elbows bend, but the knees definitely do, and the arms can swivel around. For the size, these are pretty articulated! And I agree with Jardan, these put the 1/170 kits to shame.

Go here on the MW site to see pics. Look for the 4-type kits:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models...i/imai_orig.htm

I wish they would release the non-silver plated versions. The 1/144 4-in-1 non-silver plated kits are quite hard to find these days.

That's what I have. If I remember correctly, they include some nice display stands too, one for each mode. The fighter and stalking fighter modes compare nicely with 1/144 kits of real planes.

Yep, that's a cool set! Clear smoked plastic stands and all the different heads. I think only the decals were different. Aaaah, the good ole' days! - MT

If anyone wanted these they are listed 50% sale.

OOh... Pretty, shiny, cheap = temping. :)

Memories of building metallized Macross kits in mid-1980s = reality. :(

Thanks for posting the sale info, though!