How about VF-0D form Macross Zero?

vito

Do you thing that any company would make 1/60 - 1/48 toy of VF-0D, I thing it is very cool aircraft. :)

I hope that yamato will make it in 1/48. They really ought to. There is a hasegawa 1/72 kit in fighter mode. But I would like a transformable VF-0D figure from yamato very much.

I hope that yamato will make it in 1/48. They really ought to. There is a hasegawa 1/72 kit in fighter mode. But I would like a transformable VF-0D figure from yamato very much.

you mean 1/60... in scale with the other VF-0's.

a 1/48 scale VF-0D would mean a whole new sculpt, a bigger box, and practically starting a whole new line just to make the mold worth it... not to mention it cost over $300...

Which I would probably spend anyway, cuz that would be badass!!!

Yes, I have already had the Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0D. Why doesn't Hasegawa come up with transformable model kit like Bandai did for 1/72 VF-1 Valkyrie. It would be great. :)

Edited by vito

Yes, I have already had the Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0D. Why doesn't Hasegawa come up with transformable model kit like Bandai did for 1/72 VF-1 Valkyrie. It would be great. :)

Why should they when Yamato makes toys with lots of detail and perfect transformation?

you mean 1/60... in scale with the other VF-0's.

a 1/48 scale VF-0D would mean a whole new sculpt, a bigger box, and practically starting a whole new line just to make the mold worth it... not to mention it cost over $300...

Which I would probably spend anyway, cuz that would be badass!!!

Indeed I did mean 1/60.

Because of scale, 1/72 scale would be small and cheap. Hasegawa has done 1/72 models right, they could do transformable 1/72 model too. It is not impossible.

Just compare the bandai 'transformable' sculpt (lots of part swaping) in fighter mode and the 1/72 hasegawa. You'll have you answer there :blink: . There is no phisical room to acomodate hinges and stuff to make transformable without making it look ugly in one/two/all modes of the Valk.....

Just compare the bandai 'transformable' sculpt (lots of part swaping) in fighter mode and the 1/72 hasegawa. You'll have you answer there :blink: . There is no phisical room to acomodate hinges and stuff to make transformable without making it look ugly in one/two/all modes of the Valk.....

Yes, you are right about that, you are saying that Hasegawa produces the model kits base on accuracy. Therefore, VF-0 and VF-1 which were produced by Hasegawa are accurate base on the anime shows (Macross Zero and Macross). If Hasegawa want to make transformable VF, they have to compromise on accuracy. The model would be look crude when we compare with the animated version of VF. I understand, thanks.

Yes, you are right about that, you are saying that Hasegawa produces the model kits base on accuracy. Therefore, VF-0 and VF-1 which were produced by Hasegawa are accurate base on the anime shows (Macross Zero and Macross). If Hasegawa want to make transformable VF, they have to compromise on accuracy. The model would be look crude when we compare with the animated version of VF. I understand, thanks.

Vito, I was going to ilustrate my point the other day with this:

Bandai transformable version 1/72 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/bandai/46232i.jpg

Hasegawa non-transformable version 1/72 >>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...jfeb01page2.jpg

Hope it helps.... and besides that, the issue with transformable kits is that too many movable hinges here and there, gimmicks and part swapping are a cleared highway to the land of paint scratches, broken and missing parts after a not long time, if you are not careful... I learned that the hard way <_< LOL!