80's Anime Movie? With Metal Helmets and Antennae

cru721

I am looking for an old anime movie that I used to watch when I was a kid. I remember it being out when I used to watch the G1 Transformers.

It had mecha that had hands that shot axes on chains from their hands.

It also had soldiers that when they were captured they would put a metal helmet on them that had an antennae on it to control them. Sometimes the antennae would break off and they would loose control of them. The helmets looked similar to the one that DESTRO wore during the GI Joe cartoon of the 80's.

PLEASE HELP me find this anime. I have been looking for a long time. Everyone says that it sounds familiar and can't quite put their finger on it.

I am looking for an old anime movie that I used to watch when I was a kid. I remember it being out when I used to watch the G1 Transformers.

It had mecha that had hands that shot axes on chains from their hands.

It also had soldiers that when they were captured they would put a metal helmet on them that had an antennae on it to control them. Sometimes the antennae would break off and they would loose control of them. The helmets looked similar to the one that DESTRO wore during the GI Joe cartoon of the 80's.

PLEASE HELP me find this anime. I have been looking for a long time. Everyone says that it sounds familiar and can't quite put their finger on it.

Dangard Ace had the helmet with antennaes but Starvengers had the chain attack robots. You're looking for Force Five.

Dangard Ace had the helmet with antennaes but Starvengers had the chain attack robots. You're looking for Force Five.

Thank You very much. Do you have any idea where I can get my hands on a copy or download? Checked mininova but no one is seeding. I would be into the movies or the whole series. Is this not available anywhere anymore?

Thanks again!

Good luck with that. It's only once in awhile I'd see Force Five DVD's on eBay. That includes Starvengers, Dangard Ace, Gaiking, and Grendizer. Never seen these shows on torrents. Well I've seen Grendizer and it took forever to dl but it was in Arabic and no subs. I'm more interested in the Jim Terry versions or the original Japanese versions.

Good luck with that. It's only once in awhile I'd see Force Five DVD's on eBay. That includes Starvengers, Dangard Ace, Gaiking, and Grendizer. Never seen these shows on torrents. Well I've seen Grendizer and it took forever to dl but it was in Arabic and no subs. I'm more interested in the Jim Terry versions or the original Japanese versions.

Thanks. I have have a few connections that I can try. I will let you know if I find anything!

Hey Dangard Ace, did you watch Force Five at lunch time on Channel 47, back in the day? Is it the source of your name?

Holy Cow, DA! You always have the answers for these random cartoons! Too bad they don't have Anime Jeopardy...

I'll take Robots, Robots, Robots for 200 Alex!

What can I say? I loved giant super robots as a kid. Well Dangard was more of a giant real robot instead of giant super robot. Tech was slightly inferior to the enemies but pilot smarts save the day. Leiji Matsumoto writes good characters....plus I love the way the ship becomes the hat. haha.

Hey Dangard Ace, did you watch Force Five at lunch time on Channel 47, back in the day? Is it the source of your name?

Lunch, morning, sundays.....yup. Channel 47 was great. And that's where I got the name.