Macross Frontier Ep3 quickie dub!

Hikuro

Since the series induction 3 weeks ago, I"ve been wanting to tool with a English Dub of the show, DON'T CRINGE! Geeezeeee.

Anyways, my good friend MariaVu has become hooked on the show, she's a long time fan of Macross and is also Lynn Minmay and Aries Turner for DYRL and Macross Zero.

So when i got home from work lastnight she sent me a script and video file of Episode 3 where Ranka and Alto are sitting on the roof top of a building and talking about their dreams of being a singer and pilot.

The dialouge was slightly altered to fit the scene and the song Ranka sings in the Japanese rendition was not used in this English verison because we couldn't translate it fast enough to do an English rendition. So instead Maria used a song she did for Arjuna which fit rather well.

Also same issue with Background music.

So here you people go, a near 3 minute clip with Ranka and Alto.

RANKA LEE: MariaVu

ALTO SAOTOME: Hikuro

MARINE: Tamtu

SFX's BY: Hikuro and MariaVu

SCRIPTING: MariaVu

FOLLOW THIS LINK TO GET A DIRECT DOWNLOAD

That was really good. I really enjoyed Maria Vu as Ranka; her voice really fit with Ranka's youthfullness. That clip leaves me hopeful for a possible U.S. release but I know that's a fleeting hope.

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Thanks, youve always been a good supporter of our stuff and we appreciate it.

Maria and I have been fooling around with the idea of doing more clips or nailing the series.

I'm trying to find a none mp4/mkv version of episode one but have gone ahead and started working on episode two scripting.

Im also tooling with the idea of merging certain scenes in both ep1 releases to make a longer cut...probably what that 37 minute ultimate cut is thatll come in july.

Ill handle the sfx mixing thatl be easy, however with no music out until .....june? I dont suspect an episode of it dubbed will be out until mid July.

Im even tooling the idea of doing english versions of he songs featured....MAYBE.

either case, I still got DYRL and Macross Zero to finish...so Ill just toy with this idea when Im taking breaks.

That's really awesome. Y'all are pretty good at this, huh?

I'm excited to see your other dub projects (Zero and DYRL -- my Zero has the most bizarre translations, I'm hoping your dub clears it up a little). As is the case with most fans, I prefer my stuff in the original language, but if a dub is actually GOOD, it's fun to watch and lets you concentrate on the visuals, even if you're so accustomed to reading that you forget you're doing it. Frankly, I still love the Ranma 1/2 early dubs, I thought Martian Successor Nadesico had a hilarious dub (although, I've heard complaints about the same, I don't know, I think they nailed the feel of the show), and Cowboy Bebop has a solid dub, too. I'll be excited to add y'all to my hall of fame.