Robocop 2 CAIN MKII

CAIN MKII

I just got my Cain...

I ended up breaking off Cain's left arm too! Lame. Why didn't they allow the arm to rotate so it can point the gun? Anyway, it's slightly detached but the wires keep it from falling off. Now cain looks like he's about to fire the gun as opposed to the default.

This thing is pretty cool. Now I want the ED-209... but apart from buying the $50 set, they don't sell Ed-209 alone other than for $20, which is too much.

I found Ed-209 and Cain for $6 each in NY. They had a couple of them.

Hehehe, you quote me before I could edit my post :p

If Cain is on the way I guess I'll have to get the rest of the line pronto! I'm afraid Yamato will have to wait to get my dough.

Good luck my friend, it won't be easy to get robocop and ED209 at a fair price.

And regarding the release of a robocain figure I think we will be lucky if it comes this year.

I mean for example, between the first pictures of ED's proto and the production there has been a whole year.

We are not even close to any photos of a Cain proto actually. :rolleyes:

And because it's such a complex design with a lot of articulation points, it will be pretty expensive too.

So you have plenty of time I guess, and some room for more Yamato. ^_^

Geez kotobukiya did such an awesome job with the tiny fig, It would be so cool if they decide to make a robocain ARTFX figure. :wub:

Surely the most movie accurate too. B))

Edited by CAIN MKII

I got Robocop 3 in lieu of the original, since I missed out. but There's very little difference. I just wanted to get a cool robocop toy to replace the 18" one I had for many years that has the leg holster built in. I gotta say, it's very nice.

I'm in LA. I'll ask my friend which store it was.

Wow... the shininess metallic reflection on Robo's armor looks exactly like the real thing. That's hot! The only way you can easily tell it's a figure is from the skin and mouth.

I still like the original RoboCop though. They made him too shiny in the 2nd one.

The paint job is different for the second version of robocop?

From all the HOT Toys Robocop that I've seen on the internet, they've all been bluish.

I think NECA is the only one that got it right with the original grayish metallic look. Plus the proportions and size. I think the NECA is the best one.

How did you make your cain's head and arm pose like that on the right? I thought you couldn't move it? Is it just REALLY stiff and you have to force it to do it?

^_^ I used a sharp scalpel, cut through, gave it the pose and glued everything back.

Some parts are really hard to cut so you have to be carefull not damaging surroundings.

^_^ I used a sharp scalpel, cut through, gave it the pose and glued everything back.

Some parts are really hard to cut so you have to be carefull not damaging surroundings.

Ohh, I see. Hmm... well, if I had a spare Cain, I might try it... Too bad it doesn't even move in the first place.

Even though it's small, I really like the detail and the paint job on it. I just ordered Robocop and Robocop with flight pack (even though I HATE the third movie). And I also ordered two ED-209's (different sellers)... there's no way you can find that for just $5. People are paying over $20 for it on ebay auctions from Taiwan.

Did you add a hole on his crotch? What is that gun from? Did you paint like glitter over it?

Do you have pics of the Kotobukiya Robocop? (he's more bluish)

...or the broken ED-209 with the small robocop - I'm hesitate about buying this one

Yes, this is kotobukiya Robocop, I drilled a hole and added the gun from gundam weapons set.

And I finished with a fine layer of varnish on the armor.

In my sense, the broken ED and the small robocop aren't worth it.

Did you pull the left arm off your Cain too? That's something I did accidentally, because I thought the arm did move but it was just stiff. Luckily for me it came off like a square peg and socket, not sure if that's how it was originally attached, but fortunately I can reattach it like normal, or put it in different 90 degree poses.

The jetpack Robo is a very nice depiction of the Robocop from the movie. Thing is, I never liked the design of it much because I have trouble buying the physics of it. They purposely overemphasize the weight of Robo's titanium hide in all media he's featured in, which is part of the reason just even watching him walk is cool, but then with a relatively tiny jetpack with no fuel tank he has VTOL and flight capabilities? Heh, then again, that aspect of the movie is the least of its problems: "I thought your ninja was going to kill Robocop!?" The Prime Directive "movies" series are pretty good though, and far more of a Robocop 3 than 3 was. At least Robocop is the central character in them. :D Never cared for the preceding tv series much though.

Did you pull the left arm off your Cain too? That's something I did accidentally, because I thought the arm did move but it was just stiff. Luckily for me it came off like a square peg and socket, not sure if that's how it was originally attached, but fortunately I can reattach it like normal, or put it in different 90 degree poses.

Yeah, exactly the same situation as you. I think Cain looks cooler/intimidating with his left arm's gun pointing straight across than down (default). These things should come with instructions on what parts are actually movable. I'm thinking if I should buy another Cain. (I got two ED-209s) It seems like they're going to be harder and harder to find/buy. (Even though it was first released in 2006)

Which one do you guys like the most out of the entire Kotobukiya line?

Actually I have 5 cain figures. They were not designed as movable at all. You were lucky to remove the left arm just because it wasn't glued properly.

I made 4 customs figures. When I was lucky, I could remove the different part easily. But most of the time I had to cut through it.

This thing is though as hell.

So what's my favourite : Cain of course. I love the design and the figure is completly movie accurate despite the scale.

Edited by CAIN MKII