To Sticker or Not To Sticker...That is the question

MacrossMan

Okay guys. I'm new to this and want to know what everyone's take is on applying the decals to your figures? I personally feel they make them look better, but it's a paint putting them on. Any tips on applying? Also, what does this do for re-sale value? B))

Edited by MacrossMan

Okay guys. I'm new to this and want to know what you everyone's take is on applying the decals to your figures? I personally feel they make them look better, but they are pain putting on. Any tips on applying? Also, what does this do for re-sale value? B))

If you're using Yamato's supplied stickers, the best tip I have for anyone is to trim the edges down as close to the pattern as possible. Also, Takatoys has a variety of good looking stickers available for 1/60 and 1/48 scale Yamato toys.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm still new to macross, but i already have a pretty good start thanx to some of the fine members here. i found that the yamato supplied stickers are a bit larger sometimes than the area they are to be applied on. my fix for this is simple, you may either A) do as previousy mentioned and cut around the pattern as close as possible, or B) take a lighter and burn (singe) the access away til it shrinks down or in (just about a second on the edge of the sticker). i found the second choice is faster and more practical as well as sealing sticker and form fitting it. you may also use this technique when you have to apply a sticker to a curved surface that leaves you w/ an air pocket. the heat will again form fit it completely onto the surface. sorry for the rant. and as far as applying stickers to my valks, i personally love them on (not all the stickers), as i really do not plan to sell them. and if i do, at least it will already be done for the next person. zedz