2D Shoot Em Up with these specific characteristics?!

retroborg

I was wondering if there is a 2D Shoot Em Up (Horizontal or Vertical), where you start off with all weapons maxed up and as you progress, your primary weapons’ power / ammunition gradually decrease?!

So in this fashion you’re forced to kill off everything fast and complete each level before your primary weapons are completely depleted?!

The closest to this scenario I can think of are 2 Shooters:

Macross 2 (Arcade / Mame).

The levels have a timer pushing you to finish each level and boss fast before it runs out.

Carrier Airwing / U.S. Navy (Arcade/ Mame)

Where your energy bar / fuel tank is gradually decreasing (especially even more if you’re shot)!

I would like to try something different more challenging and more adrenaline oriented than the classic 2D Shmup formula.

It can be on any system, as it’ll do just fine ;)

Well, hello again!

As I said on the other board...

It's not what you've specified but the Zanac series may prove interesting due to the adaptive difficulty system present. Difficulty level is constantly increasing until you start dying, and it selects enemy patterns to defeat your current subweapon.

It gives out 1-ups like popcorn, but.... you actually need them.

I'd hit Zanac X Zanac on the PS1, personally. It has recreations of the NES version of the original Zanac, the earlier Famicom Disk System version of the original Zanac, and the new Zanac Neo game.

You might also look at Zanac EX on the MSX2 computer. It's a very pretty version of NES Zanac.

The NES cart version is available on the Wii.

Well, hello again!

As I said on the other board...

It's not what you've specified but the Zanac series may prove interesting due to the adaptive difficulty system present. Difficulty level is constantly increasing until you start dying, and it selects enemy patterns to defeat your current subweapon.

It gives out 1-ups like popcorn, but.... you actually need them.

I'd hit Zanac X Zanac on the PS1, personally. It has recreations of the NES version of the original Zanac, the earlier Famicom Disk System version of the original Zanac, and the new Zanac Neo game.

You might also look at Zanac EX on the MSX2 computer. It's a very pretty version of NES Zanac.

The NES cart version is available on the Wii.

Thanks, I'll check them out! ;)