Macross mech sizes

ewilen

IIRC, he does use a powered armor of some sort when he's fighting Roy.

I don't have time to do any scans or to review the movie right now, but looking in the film book, I see that when Roy shoots Kamujin, K isn't wearing an N-Ger. But there is an N-Ger present just before that moment.

Also, I just received my copy of TIA 5 (the one with pictures of the TV cast on the cover), and in it there's a closeup painting of an N-Ger pilot that makes it look like the pilot's head goes into the head of the mecha, while his hands go onto controls located in the projecting portion of the chest.

Edited by ewilen

• 3 months later...

Just want to mention, now that the Yamato Q-Rau is out, it looks like my data/measuring points yield an "accurate" Valkyrie-to-Queadluun Rau comparison.

comparison-4.jpg

Notice the relative heights of the Valkyrie head and the Q-Rau chest cannons.

Also, I goofed in another thread. Just to put it all in one place:

Sizes based on Macross data and my interpretation of "height overall".

Sizes based on Robotech data (same sizes as Jeff Russell's page).

Mecha comparison page from TIA #11 (DYRL book).

Mecha group shot from Macross Perfect Memory.

Some day I'll get around to cleaning up the Zentradi, adding a female Zentradi and a miclone, and rationalizing the directory structure...

Edited by ewilen

BTW, I couldn't resist:

The whole Robotech thing is known to be an error.

You could also consider the entire thing of Robotech to be a glorified fan fiction.

The regult seems...well...fat. Otherwise, I applaud your project and I look forward to capital ship scales!

For capital ships at constant scale, visit Jeff Rusell's site, http://www.merzo.net/

Many Macross ships, mixed in with ships from other series (Star Trek, Star Wars, B5, etc.) and even real-world craft. I don't know his data sources, but I'll bet his numbers are pretty close to official Macross, even if many come directly from RT sources.

Macross Perfect Memory also has a small chart with the various ships drawn to scale.

Everything in GCM is smaller than the stuff in SDF Macross. Two best Mospeada sites I know:

http://www.artemisgames.com/robotech/Resea...a/Mospeada.html

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~cyc01/index.htm

Data diverge slightly between them, but Jeff's is pretty much in line with what they have, including the Enforcer/Garm/Gamo. The Legioss itself is only 8.75 m in armo-soldier (robot) mode.