Customizing a 1/48 Brownie.....!?!

Dax415

customizing a brownie 1/48......

taking a look at it, things look fairly straight forward......but when i looked at the heatshield i wasn't sure how to paint it up without it looking like crap (the heatshield that is...)

also, what paints do you recommend....i've seen some krylon paint specifically for plastic, you don't even need primer. i've used it on some old outdoor plastic chairs and it holds up well, but has anyone used it on a 1/48? i have other options like my own airbrush....just want to make sure to use the right paint.

paint theme will be low vis 1 but my own minor spin on it. any pointers would be much appreciated as i look further into this.

customizing a brownie 1/48......

taking a look at it, things look fairly straight forward......but when i looked at the heatshield i wasn't sure how to paint it up without it looking like crap (the heatshield that is...)

also, what paints do you recommend....i've seen some krylon paint specifically for plastic, you don't even need primer. i've used it on some old outdoor plastic chairs and it holds up well, but has anyone used it on a 1/48? i have other options like my own airbrush....just want to make sure to use the right paint.

paint theme will be low vis 1 but my own minor spin on it. any pointers would be much appreciated as i look further into this.

For the heatshield I would suggest sanding behind it with a fine grit paper to remove the paint then wetsanding it to remove and scratches and painting that. For paints I've used Krylon Fusion on my customs with the best results. Other paints I used tended to chip a ton.

thanks guys!.....figured i would have to do what toboro sugested. i know this may sound blasphemous, but i don't like the heatshield being clear with paint underneath it at all. looks like some girls nails with nail polish. i'll probably end up casting up a new heatshield using some milliput and trying it out that way since the valk is only going to be various shades of dark grey.