joke machine cockpit

min

is there a trick to open the two halves of the jm cockpit? on all the ones i own, im only able to push in and open the front portion of the clear part but the back push thing is always stuck so the two parts do not come apart. any help? :(

I am in the unique position to be able to find out for you as a JM suffered greatly in my care so a little disection isn't out of the question...

well... that took about a minute. Mine was the same way I guess... with the front part coming out fairly easy. The back tab looks to be shaved at an angle on mine. Anyhow... don't try to pop them both and then remove it... After popping the front tab gently pry the foward part of the canopy upwards. I inserted the end of my flat-head between the halves and rotated it to get it started the first time. The front tab is longer than the back one... just wiggle it till the tab is actually free of the other portion. Here the back half will either easily pop out on it's own, or pop out with a little pressure from a screwdriver [i had to use a screwdriver the first time I did it... I did it twice just to make sure it wasn't a fluke ;) ]

Did it three times and didn't even break anything. If I wasn't a rage-a-holic I wouldn't have the corpses though. It is a damn good mod tweaking the interior of a JM cockpit though... I might just have to do that to one or two.

hope this helps.