Smallville Season 7

Apollo Leader

doomsday is a horrible idea. He's not even a character, he's a walking deus ex machina, and having Clark fight him only detracts from the Death of Superman comic, imo.

I totally agree. Doomsday was a walking weapon with no personality... the trigger for the Death of Superman storyline. Having Clark encounter him so early in his career is... I don't know what words I want to use. It's like, "let's have everything happen to Clark before he even becomes Superman". Bloody heck, just let him become Superman already. I'm gettin' kinda tired of Smallville.

The only way I think I'd enjoy Doomsday is if it was something like a cameo... Clark has to prevent it even landing, gets a glimpse of it, or something. That, or completely change the character so that it gets encountered as it is also on a developing path, sort of foreshadoing that some day it will be back, and even worse the next time.

The TV show budget would just hurt the kind of scale Doomsday needs. I was already completely underwhelmed at the whole "Krypton in the past" thing that just got wrapped up. Lame fails to cover it. Tell the meat of Kara's story in some online/mobile phone cartoon and have Clark show up on a redressed Fortress of Solitude set for 5 minutes at the end? Pointless. What could Doomsday do on this kinda budget? A couple of smashed cars and the obligatory crushed fire hydrant?