Anyone used Gunze white surfacer?

kkx

Hi,

I been using base white as primer when the top color is too light to use the grey surfacer.

At first I use the grey surfacer first and just before painting, use the base white to cover up the grey. But after I found out that you can also sand the base white and it seems to fill small imperfection just like the surfacer, I start to use it as primer.

It is not as good as the grey surfacer in showing area that need more preparation, but it is convenient and I have less risk of convering up the fine panel lines in the hase kits (I am still very bad at re-scribing panel lines, and painting) if I don't need to cover the grey with a few layes of base white.

I notice that apart from their wonderful grey surfacer, there is a white color version, called white surfacer.

I wonder if anyone who has try this can tell me if this is this the same as the base white ? Is it worth trying out?

Thanks in advance.

I use it

I mostly use Surfacer 1000, other than that I have used Auto paint primer on 1/55 and big scale things, but for small scale stuf its a bit thick, so I stick to Tamiya and Mr Surfacer.

Cant say if its the same as white base as. it is much better than dark colour primers for the really light colours. I have backed it a light coat of matt black to help with the bleed through on really dark colours