Max Post Length?

The max post length is 1,024,000 characters (or bytes). Either you hit it or it was a forum bug. It might be easier to post the article offsite and have people post replies in the thread you made. We have got to get people to start clicking on links than reading the stuff we post here (Something I find more than often in the newbie thread).

It's at the default right now. When you make a post, on the left side, click on "Check Message Length". It says the max allowed is 1,024,000 characters. So either your hit a forum bug or something is wrong with your post. Like I said, it might be easier to just post a link to the article and have the thread for replies.

i was finally able to post it - paragraph by paragraph. =\

it must be some weird bug in the forum software, but whatever it was i couldn't paste the whole thing in. it had to be one paragraph at a time. funky.

i think it had something to do with it needing a CR/LF vs. a plain CR. whatever it was, i've never seen it before on invisionboard.

Wait a sec....did you have HTML in there? Cuz HTML posting is disabled IIRC.

nope. it came from a .txt file.

however, i'm on a mac. i beileve (not sure) that this server is on a Win2K machine. macs end lines with a CR (ASCII 13). Windows ends each line with a CR/LF. *NIX machines end each line with a LF (ASCII 10). i think because i'm on a Mac, the DB got confused at the each of my paragraphs because it was expecting a CR/LF, but all it got was a CR.

not sure, but that's my running theory. i'll go check the IB forums to see if anybody else has come across this.