Yamato 1/48 Roy reissue October

skull001

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to revive a zombie thread...but...does anyone know if this is going to be a re-release of the SAME mold as the original VF-1S, or is it going to have all the tweaks and improvements of the later-generation releases like the Kakizaki?

I'm seriously considering buying one of these. It'd be my first 1/48 Valkyrie, but I will NOT get it if it has the same problems of the first-generation Valkyries I've been reading about. As the proud owner of a first-generation VF-0S, I can say with confidence that it would be sturdier and more poseable if made out of real eggshells.

The 1/48s are the toys with the LEAST QC issues. Mine has the rubber joint seepage but that doesn't really bother me. Everything else is fantastic.

My Roy also has the rubber joint seepage and at first it scared me but now that I realize it doesnt effect the toy I am fine with it. I am not sure what release mine is but I love it. It is a really solid figure/toy/collectible art piece.

I recommend getting the new Roy to anyone who is considering it.

I hate to revive a zombie thread...but...does anyone know if this is going to be a re-release of the SAME mold as the original VF-1S, or is it going to have all the tweaks and improvements of the later-generation releases like the Kakizaki?

I'm seriously considering buying one of these. It'd be my first 1/48 Valkyrie, but I will NOT get it if it has the same problems of the first-generation Valkyries I've been reading about. As the proud owner of a first-generation VF-0S, I can say with confidence that it would be sturdier and more poseable if made out of real eggshells.

It should have all the improvements from the latest releases ala Kakizaki and more recently the M&M's SUper VF-1J's.

Crazy how you place VF-0S and 1/48 VF-1S in the same sentence quality control wise. :lol:

How many generations have we had now?? 8 or 9? (individual re-issues of the different variants combined)

You only have to worry about the 1st Editions. lol

:edit: 8 or 9 was an up-in-the-air guess :lol: Probably way more than that haha.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie