1/48 stealth-is there any parts for sale?

cowdeathtrap

Hi I,m cowdeathtrap, love the forums, reading them as a non member for awhile ,very grateful for getting a heads up on all thats good and bad with the 1/48,s.From a design point of view I,m presuming the stealth 1/48 will have the same flaws as I,ve been reading in the forums,as I haven,t received mine yet but will soon in a few wks ,and will experience it as my first opened valk.I welcome any opinions ,advice on the stealth,but am trying to locate or be pointed in the right direction towards parts service,s for stealth .I myself have no creative skills in making parts ,that is not my aim,only to build a support service for stealth owners as I can,t see one on the boards ,if there is already one that I haven,t come across within the forums PLEASE be understanding as I take my foot out of my mouth. THANX COWDEATHTRAP.

Hi I,m cowdeathtrap, love the forums, reading them as a non member for awhile ,very grateful for getting a heads up on all thats good and bad with the 1/48,s.From a design point of view I,m presuming the stealth 1/48 will have the same flaws as I,ve been reading in the forums,as I haven,t received mine yet but will soon in a few wks ,and will experience it as my first opened valk.I welcome any opinions ,advice on the stealth,but am trying to locate or be pointed in the right direction towards parts service,s for stealth .I myself have no creative skills in making parts ,that is not my aim,only to build a support service for stealth owners as I can,t see one on the boards ,if there is already one that I haven,t come across within the forums PLEASE be understanding as I take my foot out of my mouth. THANX COWDEATHTRAP.

The bad news is you will not get much support for a "support service." However, the good news is you won't (or shouldn't) need it. I'm not sure which "flaws" you've been reading about, but I can say the "Stealth" doesn't suffer from the annoyances which plagued the 1/48 scale Valkyries released before the first issue Max type VF-1A Valkyries.

Edited by Wicked Ace

I was refering to the "whats wrong with my yamato etc.." FORUMS FROM ARound 2003,I know that ,s history ,but I,ve also read that the reissues have still had problems with things like rubber seepage in ball and socket joints in legs ,the infamous bp8 are the main concerns that I have. And that Yamato,s QC varies from reissue to reissue .I remember reading that someone asked Graham to mention a better quality bp8 to Yamato and he said that ,they didn,t think it was a concern .So I,m wondering if that bp8 and rubber seepage dramas still aply to the 2006 1/48 releases -meaning the stealth. At least I think that,s when it was released correct me if I,m wrong.Maybe "support service" was the wrong choice of words,what I mean is a stealth colored bp8 as a back up,from having read some reviews I,m a little nervous with moderate handling.I know hlj.com has provided a service for certain parts,not knowing if they still do as I,ve never ordered anything from them,just wondering if anyone,s had any problems with their stealth.

off topic -the transformers movie-some fans will hate it,some will love it,others will be indifferent,but it will probably be a big hit.I mean lets face it big robots-big money,and I,m sure the bean counters will be looking for something to cash in on.Has anyone got a feeling that Macross -most likely called Robotech if Hollywood gets it dirty hands on it ,will be the next robots going thru rounds, leveling cities,popcorn blockbuster hit.I sure hope so,it,s part of the reason I,m collecting 1/48,s right this minute,plus I also have undying love for the product-god I hope my instincts are on the money.

I was refering to the "whats wrong with my yamato etc.." FORUMS FROM ARound 2003,I know that ,s history ,but I,ve also read that the reissues have still had problems with things like rubber seepage in ball and socket joints in legs ,the infamous bp8 are the main concerns that I have. And that Yamato,s QC varies from reissue to reissue .I remember reading that someone asked Graham to mention a better quality bp8 to Yamato and he said that ,they didn,t think it was a concern .So I,m wondering if that bp8 and rubber seepage dramas still aply to the 2006 1/48 releases -meaning the stealth. At least I think that,s when it was released correct me if I,m wrong.Maybe "support service" was the wrong choice of words,what I mean is a stealth colored bp8 as a back up,from having read some reviews I,m a little nervous with moderate handling.I know hlj.com has provided a service for certain parts,not knowing if they still do as I,ve never ordered anything from them,just wondering if anyone,s had any problems with their stealth.

Does anyone know if Yamato plans to re-issue the stealth w/super and strike parts special edition?,or is that only when there is a QC problem?

Does anyone know if Yamato plans to re-issue the stealth w/super and strike parts special edition?,or is that only when there is a QC problem?

Hey I like the way you put it.Thanx ,do you own a stealth and if so ,any rubber seepaga in the hip joint?Hows the bp8 holding up?

No rubber seepage, but that is an easy fix. If it starts to seep out, take the hip out. unscrew the screw. move the rubber back in place. reassemble.

BP8 are more solid than you think. It's all in how you handled the toy. Stress or excessive force will break it. I've owned one of almost every release and have yet to break one.

Now that I think about it,stealth is selling soooo well that it,s almost out everywhere (the stealth w/super and strike parts that is) Yamato would have to be all kinds of stupid if they didn,t re-issue it,I mean it looks like a re-issue of the M&M,s from hlj.com,and toy-wave etc...,and as far as I know there,s no confirmation that Yamato is re-issueing M&M,s by themselves without super parts

The only problem I've ever had with my Stealth is that one of the wing flaps falls off if I even look a it harshly. I could probably just glue it back on, it's not like I ever bend them anyway. Other than that, yeah, no QC problems with the Stealth that I've heard of.