His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass

I don't know how many people here read these books, I read His Dark Materials back in high school at the suggestion of a good friend. And while I don't read too many fantasy novels this one is deffenitly on my good list, anyway for those of you who don't know, a few years ago when this movie project started they said they'd take out a lot of the "anti-christian" themes and such... so I don't know how far they'll go with that, but it'll probably weaken the movie series. The Trailer looks kinda cool though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_WDOnhE7u8

Somebody bought the first book for me a few years ago. I'd have to say it's very much young teen level reading. I guess if you like Harry Potter books, then this will be your cup of tea.

Graham

I dunno, maybe it's cause I was teen when I read it but I recal it being fairly mature and well thought out (before it devolved into a huge mess in the third book).

But again it's been, like 6 or 7 years since I read it, though if you only read the first one I could see why you'd think it. The second... and most of the third is a lot better.