Rocky Balboa

mpchi

While I haven't seen the movie yet, still couldn't help but get swept by the heat of Rocky (after rewatching the old movies) and picked up the recent HK Hot Toys Rocky 12" figure. This Rocky has a brand new Hot Toys muscular body unlike the one from Rambo and other previous military release. Even more impressive, Clubber Lang (Mr.T) also has another new muscular body with a sculpt very different from Rocky's. Kudos to Hot Toys for developing two new bodies instead of one.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

The figure turns out very nice. The body seems a bit more solid compare to the older muscular body, especially on the armpit. Less stress is on the rubber when the shoulders are raised. Poseability is similar to the old body. Limited, but enough to pose some nice boxing pose. Nothing too dramatic though. Likeness is pretty good too as shown in the pics, though most likely you'll need some paint to improve the eyes and hair (which I did) to make him look less sleepy and more Stallone. The eyes could be more round and droopy, while the nose could be a tad narrower. Neck could be a bit shorter too. So while its not perfect, it does look quite good at certain angle and lighting. It also comes with some nice accessories like an extra pair of taped fists, the championship belt, a white boxer rope, a small towel, and a big American flag. Nothing very fancy, but adds some play value. The belt is especially nice and quite detailed, with printed pics of all four main boxers appeared in Rocky I - IV. Very nice touch.

So in conclusion, this is a very good buy. May not be an end-all figure like the Takara Protect Gear release, but its great at doing what it does, being the best Rocky figure in the market right now. Rocky fans would sure don't want to miss this one.

i wonder if they will release any rambo figures.

or and 8 round rocky figures.

I think they already have released Rambo figures, I remember seeing 12 inch figures of them somewhere, I'm no sure but i think the same company Hot Toys made them.

i wonder if they will release any rambo figures.

or and 8 round rocky figures.

Hot Toys did made some Rambos already. In fact, there are 3 versions already.

First Blood Part II version

First Blood Part II Halo Jumper version

First Blood version