How would this look as a YF-21

jwinges

How do you think this would look painted up as a YF-21?

Its Hangar 9's new F-22 Raptor .40 cc size with PTS system

http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=HAN3825

Basically I'm trying to decide b/w the F-22 and the P-51D Mustang

Kind'f like the VF-0B SPW.

Between the two, I'd suggest the P-51.

The F-22 isn't going to look much like an F-22 or YF-21 even painted up the right way (and you'd have to strip it and re-cover it with new material to 'repaint' it anyway).

Beyond that, and presumably most critical - the P-51 is going to fly better than the F-22.

Neither will do quite as well as a purpose built RC aircraft (ie, not sport scaled down from a real design), but the Mustang should at least handle reasonably well owing to wing planform, etc.

The F-22 wing just won't be as pleasent or easy to fly. When it comes down to it, it's an overall jet shape intended for high speed operation that's being crammed into the trainer role (where low speed handling qualities are most desirable). The adaptations to make it work in such a role are a huge compromise at best.

If you're already an experienced RC pilot, get whichever one you want. But if you're just starting out (as suggested by the PTS), I'd strongly suggest the P-51 over the F-22, but more than that, I'd suggest that you look at some non-scale, purposed designed trainer instead. You'll be much happier in the long run.

Edited by BinaryFalcon