Studio Halfeye Perfect Change Getter Robo

yes it is a awesome figure it stands almost 12 inches and is quite big, i like the Getter 1 mode the best, i got mine for around $300.00 off yahoo Japan Auactions which is a good price.

chris

Make sure you know what version you are getting. There are size differences - the smaller ones do not transform to other Getter Modes. As far as I know, here is a summary of the Perfect Change Getter Series:

Getter-1, 2001 Version: approx 8 inches tall, only transform to Getter-1, this is the TV Getter-1 with non-devil wings, this version was never released again.

Getter-1, 2002 Version: approx 8 inches, only transform to Getter-1, this is the OVA version with devil wings., this version was re-released couple of years ago.

Getter-2, 2002 Version: approx 8 inches, only transform to Getter-2, this version was re-released couple of years ago.

Getter Robot, Original Version (1999): approx 10 inches tall, can transforms to Getter-1, 2, & 3.

Getter Robot, Renewal Version (2004): approx 10 inches tall, can transforms to Getter-1, 2, & 3, this version has improved features such as hidden armour inside the body and better connection joints, it also has a deeper red, this renewal version comes in two colour scheme: normal getter colour and the black getter.

Personally, I love these Getters for their great engineering, but you must be aware of the following before you chuck in $200-$500:

1. they are not toys that you can play with: despite their sturdy appearance on the box cover, there are just too many joints due to transformation. WHen transformed to robot mode, they can be quit wobbly. Think of them more like collectors items;

2. these figures are all in pre-coloured resin (excep the screws used). From the box art, I first thought some parts might be in metal but SHE must had applied glossy paints to these figures. I question how many time I can transform them before the plastic parts and joints fails;

3. tranformation is not easy, much more complicated than transforming the 1/48 VF-1. After one transformation, I couldn't be bother transforming the other versions I had. The problem is all joints are screw fixed and has no locking mechanism. To make the figure sturdy, you have to tighten every screw joints with a screw driver.

Anyhow, here are some pics to give you an idea of scale, good luck with your purchase!!!

[attachmentid=39405] [attachmentid=39406] [attachmentid=39407] [attachmentid=39408]

post-3608-1168094254_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1168094322_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1168094393_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1168094474_thumb.jpg

Oh trust me i have done my homework. The one i know i want is the revised perfect change getter robothat came out in 2005 i believe. The one with all the new improvements over their original model, but thanks again for all the info. I have been a huge getter fan ever since i saw starvengers (the american version) as a kid, so i can wait to get one of these babies. Later i will get the shin getter versions. But right now i just bought the gunbuster from soul of chogokin. God i have such a long wish list of toys i want to buy

Edited by kanedaestes

Funny you should mention the Soul of Chogokin Gunbuster. A few years back, SHE was the only one whom managed to pulled out the fully transformable Gunbuster and it was freaking expensive like these Getters. My hope is to see Bandai to tackle the big one: a fully transformable Getter in METAL!!!! Now that will definitely be the toy of the decade!!!!!

But right now i just bought the gunbuster from soul of chogokin.

As I said before, transforming is quite painful and slow, so I never putt Getter-2 into real test. From what I heard, even the Fewture's Getter-2 had problem standing up, so don't have your hope too high. I might give it a go this week, hope I don't break any parts.... :)

hey i have always wondered are the legs sturdy in getter 2 mode? it looks like it may be very top heavy. Yeah i saw their gunbuster too but i heard the SOC one is better, and far cheaper

• 2 months later...

Ok, I am a little slow but I finally managed to have time last weekend to put the Getter 2 together. It was fiddly (took me 2 hrs :wacko: ) but to my surprise, once I tighten all screws, it stood up quite well.

You’ll note that I didn’t exactly transform Getter 2 the way S.H.E demonstrated. I didn’t like the skinny Getter 2 arms, so I pulled out the Getter 1 arm and it kind of looks cool (like that india God Shiva... :D ).

Anyhow, here is the Renewal SHE Getter 2 next the original SHE Getter 1.

P.S. I tried Getter 3 as well, but it was a shamble. Getter 3 is a mess, I don’t recommend people to transform their SHE Getter into Getter 3, a waste of time.

[attachmentid=41663]

post-3608-1175519658_thumb.jpg

Wow i thought this thread was long dead. Here's an update though. I went and bought the renewal version and it has been sitting waiting patiently for me to come back from my deployment to mess with it. I still have one month left until i go home and see and pose all my new toys. God this month will suck