1/55 Fuselage-to-Leg-Friction-Pin Fill Trick

Skull-1

Pictures to come.

Just use some JB Weld or something to tighten up the swing bars so they are all but locked together.

Fill the left side hole on the side of the fuselage below the cockpit and remove the friction pin from the left intake.

You will only need one friction pin on the right hand side of the fuselage to hold the legs in position for fighter mode.

This, in conjunction with a trimmed swing bar, allows you to put a much more detailed set of nose art and markings on that side.

It works great. My only problem is coming up with the best way to make the swing bars tighter. It is not as easy as it sounds and I haven't perfect a method to get it done easily...

Very frustrating.

Has anyone tried using the plastic bootleg swingbars on a Jetfire or is this a complete waste of time?

It works great. My only problem is coming up with the best way to make the swing bars tighter. It is not as easy as it sounds and I haven't perfect a method to get it done easily...

Very frustrating.

Has anyone tried using the plastic bootleg swingbars on a Jetfire or is this a complete waste of time?

I havent really played with them they are hollow so Im not sure they will hold up to much. If you taper them they would become hollow, so the only way I can see any use would be to fill them with apoxy resin like Dev Con first to give them strength. They should hold up to a bit of abuse, but if you use them on proper taka/Bandai nose cones they can be a bit loose as the holes are different. There is no swing bar connecting the two eaither. Basically use em with a boot nose cone to make it worth the bother.

Edited by big F