Correct Names for Video-Game Mecha

briscojr84

Okay, need a little help with names guys, or possibley any line-art that may be floating around, the first one is this -

I'm finding To names the Shellcair-Gar and the Roguren Rau or possibly even Cigno Mul

Thanks.

post-401-1165529807_thumb.jpg

Funny... I've seen the art for it recently - though don't ask me where I found it in the net...

The katakana on the image is ログレン ロー

Using the Modified Hepburn system of romanization, it's Roguren Rou in English. In Macross English... maybe Rogren Rau?

There were 3 other Zentraedi battlesuit images that I found at the same time, and from the same source. They are:

Zen1: ギルーザ フリー Giruuza Furii (Gilza Free?)

Zen3: シグノミュ Shigunomyu (Shignomyu?)

Zen4: シュルケル ガー Shurugeru Ga (Shurgel Ger?)

There were 3 other Zentraedi battlesuit images that I found at the same time, and from the same source. They are:

Zen1: ギルーザ フリー Giruuza Furii (Gilza Free?)

Zen3: シグノミュ Shigunomyu (Shignomyu?)

Zen4: シュルケル ガー Shurugeru Ga (Shurgel Ger?)

Thanks Sketchley, you wouldn't happen to have any other Video-Game Art would you.

Thanks.

How about either one of these, anybody know what these are called -

The first one I've seen called the Magzemig-La [Eternal Love Song] and the second as the Quinlin Rau but I have no idea what game it is from.

post-401-1165605657_thumb.gif

post-401-1165605669_thumb.jpg

Edited by briscojr84

The Zentraedi mecha in the first pic is from Macross 2036. It could also be in ELS, but I haven't gotten far enough in the game to say so definitively.

The second mecha is from Macross: Scrambled Valkyrie. It's just a generic enemy, but I believe it's name is listed by it's sprite (I doubt lineart exists) in the Scrambled Valkyrie booklet. If sketchley is willing to translate, I'd be more than glad to scan and post it.

The Zentraedi mecha in the first pic is from Macross 2036. It could also be in ELS, but I haven't gotten far enough in the game to say so definitively.

The second mecha is from Macross: Scrambled Valkyrie. It's just a generic enemy, but I believe it's name is listed by it's sprite (I doubt lineart exists) in the Scrambled Valkyrie booklet. If sketchley is willing to translate, I'd be more than glad to scan and post it.

That would be great, thanks.

Hey LoneWolf since it seems you've played most of these games would it be possible to get a short blurb on their tactics and armament from you. I'd like to do a more accurate file on these in the future, and any help I can get would be much appreciated.

Edited by briscojr84

Bad news, that mecha's name isn't in the booklet :(

It only appears once in the game (twice if you play it on hard) and all it does it fly around and attack you with discs that circle around the mecha. It does take a lot of hits to destroy and will fly away if it isn't destroyed within a certain amount of time. I've included two screenshots showing the discs being deployed and them circling around it.

Macross_0040.bmp

Macross_0041.bmp

Bad news, that mecha's name isn't in the booklet :(

It only appears once in the game (twice if you play it on hard) and all it does it fly around and attack you with discs that circle around the mecha. It does take a lot of hits to destroy and will fly away if it isn't destroyed within a certain amount of time. I've included two screenshots showing the discs being deployed and them circling around it.

Thanks TheLoneWolf, did it show where the disks came from or did they just appear out of nowhere.

Was there any other oddball mecha in the game.

Thanks Sketchley, you wouldn't happen to have any other Video-Game Art would you.

Thanks.

I've only got a few more... and none with names.

I have a few more for things like the FAST pack equipped VF-4, some magazine pages from Macross World on Macross M3, and the Daedulus/ARMD II spaceship from ?Macross 2036?. I'm not sure if you're looking for these as well, or not.

Enjoy the pictures.

I've only got a few more... and none with names.

I have a few more for things like the FAST pack equipped VF-4, some magazine pages from Macross World on Macross M3, and the Daedulus/ARMD II spaceship from ?Macross 2036?. I'm not sure if you're looking for these as well, or not.

Enjoy the pictures.

Sketchley - Any pictures I can get my hands on. Thanks.

Would you be able to translate these as well, http://www.macrossnexus.com/index.php?opti...&Itemid=372

Edited by briscojr84

• 1 month later...

Rather than start a new thread, does anyone have scans of the line art from VFX1 for the Zentraedi pilots uniform as well as the characters, I know that Jester has images of it on his site, but I'd like to get my hands on some hi-res scans so that I can colorize and shade them [which most of the images on my site will eventually get replaced with].

Also if I can ask a favor of anyone if you run across a mecha or uniform or piece of equipment that isn't listed on the site, let me know and we'll get a profile set up for it.