Fix 0010 Gerbera

Sebastian

I just ordered one from HLJ. I HATE the 1/144 scale and also I dont really like the FIX line, but this looks like the ONLY decent Gerbera in the market (aside Resin kits).

So Any oppinion about this Fix version of the Gerbera? Is it worth the money or better buy a resin?

Well, as with any GFF piece, the details are great -- lots of things actually, and the sculpt is excellent. If you are using for display only, it's great.

But due to it's interchangable nature, a lot of Gerbera parts aren't as secure as I would have liked it.. the inner arm parts are particularly offensive and drops off easily, the peg of the right hand on mine doesn't extend sufficiently into the wrist joint so it had a problem holding the beam MG, and the general posability isn't the greatest in the world.

Also, it's not really anime-accurate, since it's supposed to be able to switch between a GP and a GT. So you end up with a Red and White GT instead of the Cima-red type in the show. That's not too bad on its own because it really looks good this way.

Unfortunately the colour used on the red part stains the white portions after a while so it can get a bit unsightly.

Aside from these it's a fairly good display piece if you don't intend to play or repose too much. As an indicator, I got mine on my bookcase in the GP mode, while the GFF near my PC monitor is the Barzam. :)

Your mileage may vary, of course. Maybe I just got a bad one.

DAMN you! I have been looking for this toy for like a year! And now you let me know that HLJ has them in stock! Thanks for making me spend more moeny!!! :lol:

I have this one as well, currently in GP-04 mode. My Gerbera fell off my CD case twice!

The arm pieces could have been done better, as I had a heckuva time getting them stay on. I also had difficulty getting the hand that holds the weapon that the Gerbera uses to stay on.

Once I got things together, it looks very cool. I feel that despite the poor design of the arm pieces, it's a worthwhile investment. There needs to be more enemy mecha in the FIX line. Has Katoki done any of the enemy mecha?

Also, it's not really anime-accurate, since it's supposed to be able to switch between a GP and a GT. So you end up with a Red and White GT instead of the Cima-red type in the show. That's not too bad on its own because it really looks good this way.

What you get with GFF #0010 is the Gerbera Tetra Kai, not the original Gerbera Tetra seen in 0083. You really can't talk about being anime accurate when the Kai never appeared in any anime.

agx-04.jpg

Original Gerbera Tetra from 0083

agx-04a1.jpg

Gebera Tetra Kai from one of Hobby Japan's Gundam Weapons special issues

I personally didn't like the Gerbera Tetra Kai too much. It took away all that was good about the design of Mika Akitaka (who also designed the Gelgoog Marine) and replaced them with Katoki's trademark blockiness. Notice how the legs were shortened and fattened? All the sexy curves were gone too. The gun also doesn't look as sleek as the original design. Katoki basically took a Porsche design and Volvo-lized it! :angry:

Edited by Jolly Rogers

I personally didn't like the Gerbera Tetra Kai too much. It took away all that was good about the design of Mika Akitaka (who also designed the Gelgoog Marine) and replaced them with Katoki's trademark blockiness. Notice how the legs were shortened and fattened? All the sexy curves were gone too. The gun also doesn't look as sleek as the original design. Katoki basically took a Porsche design and Volvo-lized it! :angry:

But everyone knows of Volvo's excellent safety record!!! :p

In all honesty the GFF Gerbera looks better. Here are some pics of mine:

Full Frontal:

post-25-1065849944.jpg

This is a full frontal shot of the GFF Gerbera. a little out of focus but you can see the general sense of the toy. The colours are about as close to the actual as I can but digital photography has a nasty habit of exaggerating colours. I really need to work on the focussing...

As you can see, the white and red markings make it look rather good IMO.

Left 3/4:

post-25-1065849980.jpg

Compare this pic with the one JR posted, and you can see major differences -- one, the legs are longer and slimmer, and some of the sexy curves are still there. Another is that the beam MG is retained instead of the wimpy-looking beam rifle. Overall I do like this Kai version over the balloonish look of the original...

And lastly:

post-25-1065850052.jpg

A Sazabi-style head shot! :)

as someone said its lousy as a toy, most of the GFFs are, though in the gerbera tetra get-up, its worse than most. it is, however, one of the most gorgeous toys out there, and if it represents katoki's take on the gerbera tetra, its one of his best pieces of design work. in the GP04 gundam gerbera get-up, its also very nice, not especially play worthy, but its well designed and has a lot of nice detailing.

all in all i'd call it one of the better GFFs, but i never recomend the GFFs except as display pieces, they look good, but have little to no play value.

asa mentioned before. GFF's are lousy toys but hella nice for dissplay. just got the zeta fix which was a pain in the ass to assemble but looks stunning once complete. the crossbone fix is also pretty impressive. i love the GT but the ownly drawback that really bothers me is that it has limited motion (if you want to keep it from falling apart) meaning limited poses.