Macross Battle 7 and VF-17

Valkyrie addict

so...in the original Macross, we ge to see that the Macross had to undergo a transformation to fire the main cannon 'cause the it has undergone battle damage and the pin point barrier was interfiering or something like that

but why did the Battle 7 had to transform every time to fire the main cannon?? I don't think it was ever explained in Macross 7

and the VF-17 was inspired in the F-117, so was the VF-17 stealth also or what?? B))

so...in the original Macross, we ge to see that the Macross had to undergo a transformation to fire the main cannon 'cause the it has undergone battle damage and the pin point barrier was interfiering or something like that

but why did the Battle 7 had to transform every time to fire the main cannon?? I don't think it was ever explained in Macross 7

and the VF-17 was inspired in the F-117, so was the VF-17 stealth also or what?? B))

Can you commit more cardinal sins in the Macrossworld forums at once? all you need to do now is start up a "why is Macross 7 a kiddie show" and you've just about got all the major ones covered.

Please use the Search function and newbie thread, or both for such questions. We've had innumerable discussions about the Battle 7 (of which I and others are tired of debating) and the VF-17 is obviously has a passive stealth system that should have been asked in the newbie thread.

Edited by Noyhauser

Yay! Let's be mean to newcomers!!! That's always fun! Yes indeedy, that kinda policy willl definitely make this a place where people want to come and chat. :angry:

So anyway, hi ValkyrieAddict:

It's not 100% clear why Battle 7 transforms. The "real" answer is, of course, because it looks cool and ties in with the original Macross. However, the rationalization is not clear. The gun gets a much wider field of fire when wielded by an arm-like arrangement, but this same effect could be acheived with a turret. And why fingers? It's really not well-explained, as far as I can tell.

And yep, the VF-17 is indeed a stealth fighter. In fact, although its official name is "Nightmare," its nickname is the "Stealth Valkyrie".

Grebo!

Can you commit more cardinal sins in the Macrossworld forums at once? all you need to do now is start up a "why is Macross 7 a kiddie show" and you've just about got all the major ones covered.

Please use the Search function and newbie thread, or both for such questions. We've had innumerable discussions about the Battle 7 (of which I and others are tired of debating) and the VF-17 is obviously has a passive stealth system that should have been asked in the newbie thread.

Yay! Let's be mean to newcomers!!! That's always fun! Yes indeedy, that kinda policy willl definitely make this a place where people want to come and chat. :angry:

He's been around for just under a month and posted before. Would you rather he spam more with really inane questions?

Its pretty clear that he could have known better, particularly when we are having a macross 7 flamewar in the thread next door. Using a search function is pretty basic stuff in any forum, and there is a Battle 7 transformation thread

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...ic=5673&hl=

and its in the newb thread as well.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...=140&st=380

Moreover, take notice I didn't say anything when you started posting here in a really annoying fashion because you didn't know better.

Moreover, take notice I didn't say anything when you started posting here in a really annoying fashion because you didn't know better.

Despite your saintlike restraint, Noyhauser, I was still apalled by the frosty reception I got from people when I first posted here. I frequent plenty of boards, and this one is by far the least friendly towards necomers. "Go read the newbie thread", newbies get told. Yeah, go read that 80-page monster! That's welcoming. It's so easy to go read all that, searching through it for the answer to one's own handful of questions. GOD!

"A really annoying fashion" indeed. Stop acting superior. If you think my posts were really annoying, you obviously haven't spent much time outside this board... where REALLY annoying posts get made.

Humph and harrumph!

I think Noyhauser is saying what most of us are thinking.

Please use the search function next time. And search the Newbie thread.

And yes, the VF-17 uses a passive stealth system. This is clearly stated in the Compendium (Also, please read the Compendium)

http://macross.anime.net/mecha/united_nati...vf17/index.html