TV VF1S vs. DYRL VF1S decal mapping

skull001

Sorry if this topic was discussed before, I am considering whether to 'decal' my VF1S to either TV or DYRL version. Which got me thinking: other than having 'Pilot Hikaru' and 'Pilot Roy' as the noticable difference, are there any other differences I need to consider?

The Hasegawas' and Yamatos' decal maps are all DYRL. The old Imai/Arii model kits have TV Hikaru VF1S' decal maps.. but these may not be entirely accurate..

Anyone kindly point me to some creditable references, if there are any difference? Including the fast pack decal mapping. Cheers!

Edited by skull001

If just talking about decal mapping, most of the different are on the leg part.

IPB Image

1.The "OO1"on the tail fin are place on the top middle while Dyrl is near the back edge.

2. "PROMETHEUS" instead of "ARMD-1"

3. The "001"fonts side on Foot Fin is larger then Dyrl.

4. U can see a no."176" near the nozzle. the correct one on VF-1S is "313", This only apply on TV version Valk.

IPB Image

5. the fronts side on the leg near the nozzle, have a "VF" there, TV only,

and the black arrow on the head.

IPB Image

6. The "skull" badge near the cockpit ... It's up to u, haven't see it on TV, but I like it !

IPB Image

7. TV VERSION HUD PANEL

IPB Image

IPB Image

LAST ONE, red missile head.

and about the FP, I think it's no different between the two version, except the "PROMETHEUS" & "ARMD-1"

hope this can help u

Edited by Hayao Kakizaki

I think it's no different between the two version, except the "PROMETHEUS" & "ARMD-1"

hope this can help u

Sorry to bother you, can you explain the two versions, "PROMETHEUS" & "ARMD-1" ?

In the TV version, are Hikaru, Max and Hayao = PROMETHEUS? And Roy = ARMD-1?

When Hikaru took over Roy's VF1S, did he continue as PROMETHEUS?

Is "SDF-1" marking only used in DYRL?

Thanks for any answers! :p

I´m wondering about the same thing. I built a TV version VF-1S and put on the "SDF-1" just because:

-Roy´s plane was obviously assigned to accompany the SDF-1 on her first flight

-Prometheus was patroling around the island but was not intended to be taken into space

-ARMD1 or 2 were intended to join the SDF in space but never did

-The SDF-1 can launch fighters even without any "carrier-arms" so it surely had its own airgroup right from the start

So I thought that the "SDF-1" decal was the most logical choice. When the carriers were attached later, the whole group seems to have been transferred to the Prometheus so the assignment might then have changed (if anybody had the time th think about minor repaint jobs in the middle of all the Zentradi assaults) - I´d say SDF-1 is OK at least for a standard Valk at the beginning of the story, but that´s just my 2cents....

Sorry to bother you, can you explain the two versions, "PROMETHEUS" & "ARMD-1" ?

In the TV version, are Hikaru, Max and Hayao = PROMETHEUS? And Roy = ARMD-1?

When Hikaru took over Roy's VF1S, did he continue as PROMETHEUS?

Is "SDF-1" marking only used in DYRL?

Thanks for any answers! :p

TV VERSION, before episode 27, all of the them are belong to PROMETHEUS, but don't know after episode 27..

and about Dyrl, they are belong to "ARMD-1"after join the SDF-1.before that, they are also belong to Prometheus. this is according to the GAME OPENING SEQUENCE , MOVIE OPENING SEQUENCE and the hasegawa box art. :)

TV VERSION, before episode 27, all of the them are belong to PROMETHEUS, but don't know after episode 27..

and about Dyrl, they are belong to "ARMD-1"after join the SDF-1.before that, they are also belong to Prometheus. this is according to the GAME OPENING SEQUENCE , MOVIE OPENING SEQUENCE and the hasegawa box art. :)

Thanks again, so..err.. when should we adopt "SDF-1"? ^_^