new paint!

cube

I've had a couple sets of spare jetfire armor sitting around for a few months now, and finally got around to painting it tonight....I was looking for a nice olive drab color to go with the CF 1/55s...figured Id have to match an automotive paint, but ended up finding something much better: krylon camouflage paint!

Comes in black, brown, khaki, and olive drab (i went with the olive). VERY flat paint, with a bit of a texture to it (nothing noticeable but you can feel it). Goes on easy, sticks like crazy, and dries in about 20 minutes. The finish seems pretty tough. I tried scratching it a bit and it was lighter where i scratched, but the paint didn't come off at all...hell, it didn't even come off when I popped the FAST packs onto the backpack armor part.

The custom is technically still unfinished, but I probably won't bother painting the nozzle bits black...probably just add the kite and un spacey logos.

without further ado...the pix:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cool CF love! :D

The Chunky Monkeys look sooo much better with the fast packs. I like the way the flat finish turned out. Sounds like a nice quick dry time too.

yea, the paint is great! I thought it was going to be darker from the color on the paint cap, but it turned out exactly how I wanted. Ended up putting some stickers on last night (black skull logos and black un spacies to keep it looking camo)

I think I'll end up getting the flat black camo paint too and doing the black parts of the armor just to give it a bit more detail.

Yeah, adding some black detailing to the fast packs will really give them a more finished appearance.

Please post some more pics when they're done!

• 4 weeks later...