Deus Ex

Man I wish someone would just make a real game for Macross.

It would be really easy these days with next gen consoles to make the M0 valks run in real time. They can just port those assets over and render them with normal maps then voi la!!!!!! Instant Macross game.

Man I wish someone would just make a real game for Macross.

It would be really easy these days with next gen consoles to make the M0 valks run in real time. They can just port those assets over and render them with normal maps then voi la!!!!!! Instant Macross game.

What do you mean by real game? Because there's a good bit of existing Macross software across multiple systems and genres, with the most recent entries being the Windows Macross VO and PS2 SDF Macross games.

What do you mean by real game? Because there's a good bit of existing Macross software across multiple systems and genres, with the most recent entries being the Windows Macross VO and PS2 SDF Macross games.

None of them are very good though. The budgets are usually low and the controls and flying modes are kind of lame for each of the titles. I have them all and played them all. I wish that they would turn it up a notch or so with the production quality.

Ghost in the Shell: SAC was actually good considering it was a small budget game. They had apprpriate design that fits the series and universe and the control scheme was pretty nice as well as the art. The new Japanese only version of Berserk was also cool. Macross always feels like it gets the backburner for games to me. I also feel the same way about Gundam titles.

:(

I'm not touching the Battlecry comment.

None of them are very good though. The budgets are usually low and the controls and flying modes are kind of lame for each of the titles. I have them all and played them all. I wish that they would turn it up a notch or so with the production quality.

Ghost in the Shell: SAC was actually good considering it was a small budget game. They had apprpriate design that fits the series and universe and the control scheme was pretty nice as well as the art. The new Japanese only version of Berserk was also cool. Macross always feels like it gets the backburner for games to me. I also feel the same way about Gundam titles.

:(

I'd heard nothing but good things about the PS2 Macross game.

Personally, I love the older sidescroller Macross games...

The PS2 GITS game benefitted greatly from the developer. Cavia's a pretty good group from what I've played.

Which reminds me...

*checks something*

Ooooh, someone DID pick Bullet Witch up for localization!

I'm not touching the Battlecry comment.

I'd heard nothing but good things about the PS2 Macross game.

Personally, I love the older sidescroller Macross games...

The PS2 GITS game benefitted greatly from the developer. Cavia's a pretty good group from what I've played.

Which reminds me...

*checks something*

Ooooh, someone DID pick Bullet Witch up for localization!

:o

Sweet! I've been wanting that game since I've heard about it. Although I did hear that the framerate is horrible though. That's something that every developer on this planet is fighting hard against.

:(:p

The great news is that I heard that Devil May Cry 4 is at 60 FPS already and will be playable at TGS this year. CAPCOM is going really conservative with their graphics overall and are first and formost making their games playable. I love those guys. They're deffinitley my fav game developer.

:D:D:D:D

:o

Sweet! I've been wanting that game since I've heard about it. Although I did hear that the framerate is horrible though. That's something that every developer on this planet is fighting hard against.

I've heard conflicting reports about the frame rate. It's probably not an issue except in a small handful of cases.

Unless cavia went Drakengard on things and pushed for too much too soon.

Drakengard had horrible slowdown and popup issues because of it. Was still pretty darn fun though.

The great news is that I heard that Devil May Cry 4 is at 60 FPS already and will be playable at TGS this year. CAPCOM is going really conservative with their graphics overall and are first and formost making their games playable. I love those guys. They're deffinitley my fav game developer.

:D:D:D:D

To heck with Devil May Cry 4.

I want P.N. 03.2! :D

Seriously, I need to play some of the later DMC games. DMC1 was good, but needed a bit of polish IMO(most notably to me, the roll command was configured unintuitively).

I'd've probably appreciated it more if I'd played it before PN3. Both games are actually built on similar principles, but PN3 benefits from being the producers' second attempt at that style of play.

Interestingly, DMC4 will be the first game since the original to have one of the original producers at the helm(at least if GameFAQs' current credits can be believed).

Seriously, I need to play some of the later DMC games. DMC1 was good, but needed a bit of polish IMO(most notably to me, the roll command was configured unintuitively).

I'd've probably appreciated it more if I'd played it before PN3. Both games are actually built on similar principles, but PN3 benefits from being the producers' second attempt at that style of play.

Man, DMC3 was an almost perfect acion game. Controls are like butter and the art was some of the best I've ever seen. The baddies were awesome and original and it was the same Dante you remember from the first game but way more amped up. You check out all the superplays here...

http://homepage3.nifty.com/shin3/movie/movie.htm

It also has about 2.5 hrs of in-game cinematics.

:rolleyes: