Blade

http://www.comicmonsters.com/modules.php?n...iewtopic&t=3123

From the owner:

Blade took two years to complete. First, I borrowed the original costume from a rich friend who owned it. I found a Hollywood seamstress who pulled patterns off of everything (she specialized in leather costumes and made the Underworld costume for the first movie poster). Then, it took 6 months to track down all the original materials (the rope-like fringe around the vest was a pain, but my seamstress found it!), including ordering the buckles from Austria.

I had replicas made of his gun, and leg stakes (I own a set of the original stakes and leg holster), and the sword and glaive are originals from Blade 2.

Then I commissioned a special effects buddy of mine (who's worked on Blade Trinity, Hellboy, Time Machine, etc.) to sculpt, mold, cast and paint the head). That took over a year. I obtained an original set of Snipes' teeth at the Makeup Artist Tradeshow from the dentist who made them, and we integrated them into the sculpt for accuracy.

Then, my buddy took a basic mannequin, cut the feet off to shorten it, re-fiberglassed the arms so they're out farther from the body, and then built out the chest, biceps and thighs using special foam.

This Blade has never been at a comic con. In fact, he sat in my office for a year and I recently took him home. I strived for accuracy, and from your reactions, I take it that I did a pretty good job.

Thanks everyone!

Glaive