Ot: Rpf Registration

Are they elitist or something?

"The internet must rejoice, for we are allowing people to join our forum... But only for two weeks!!!"

That and the fact they won't accept e-mail addresses from free services just rubs me the wrong way.

411058[/snapback]

They take their internet discussion of very expensive toys very seriously, apparently.

They've also had some problems with banned members trying to come back often under new pseudonyms. They recently discovered one of their members who had been banned for interefering with other members business, acting trollish, and other stuff, had come back under a new identity and fooled a lot of people into believing he was someone else. This guy also had been arrested in the past and thrown in jail for trying to screw a teenage girl after coercing her using her religion, or something like that.

They want to keep people like that off the forum.

I just lurk there because I don't build prop replicas or anything, so I've got nothing to add there. :p They've got cool topics and stuff though, so I look from time to time at the interesting things like the Obi-wan Kenobi cut-away lightsaber someone built.

I've been lurking there for the last year or so. Totally fascinating forum. The people there do some of the most amazing work I've ever seen. Where they get the money for $5k props is beyond me. Though I plan to build an artoo sometime......

My username is Brewtal over there too.